WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW:

+2
Stephanie
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
6 posters

Go down

Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW: Empty Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW:

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sat May 15, 2010 4:27 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-32936-Seminole-County-Environmental-News-Examiner~y2010m5d11-Harvard-astrophysicist-dismisses-AGW-theory-challenges-peers-to-take-back-climate-science

Examiner.com: Many AGW scientists state with confidence that there is a very high probability that the earth is warming. Therefore, something must be done now to cut CO2 emissions. How accurate are their statistics?

Dr. Soon: Their probabilities are absolute crap. They are pulling these statistics out of thin air. It is completely anti-science. They talk about 90 percent probability. It sounds high, but would anyone fly in an airplane if it would crash once out of every 10 flights?

Examiner.com: The temperature data over the past eight years or so seem to indicate that we have entered a period of global cooling. Are we experiencing a cooling trend?

Dr. Soon: If you look at the data empirically, there is a cooling tendency. We’re already seeing signs. The possibility of a colder climate ahead is a very real thing.

Examiner.com: What is your opinion of Al Gore?

Dr. Soon: He’s somebody who needs to just shut-up and stop spreading nonsense. He has neither credibility on science nor moral standing.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW: Empty Re: Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW:

Post by Stephanie Sun May 16, 2010 10:41 am

Thanks, Armon! I shared that on FB, great article.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm

Earth calling TerryRC...come in...TerryRC..come in from outer space...
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Mon May 17, 2010 6:23 am

May 17, 2010
Climategate Taxpayer Fraud Investigation Draws Ideological Heat
By Mark J. Fitzgibbons
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/05/climategate_taxpayer_fraud_inv.html

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli has used the power of government to seek documents from the University of Virginia regarding its former professor and Climategate figure of "hockey stick" fame, Michael Mann. Mr. Cuccinelli is investigating whether Professor Mann engaged in fraud to obtain taxpayer money to fund his research.
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Dr. Soon's assertions are not supported by any evidence.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Thu May 20, 2010 7:40 pm

TerryRC wrote:Dr. Soon's assertions are not supported by any evidence.

I guess that Dr. Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology at Western Washington University conclusions aren't supported by any evidence either.

I didn't put what his conclusions were, since you are a big boy now and can look him up for yourself.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri May 21, 2010 5:18 am

I guess that Dr. Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology at Western Washington University conclusions aren't supported by any evidence either.

I didn't put what his conclusions were, since you are a big boy now and can look him up for yourself.

I can guess - that the earth goes through cycles and this is just part of that cycle.

He may even be right. That doesn't mean that people aren't altering the cycle, perhaps severely.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Fri May 21, 2010 6:20 am

TerryRC wrote:I guess that Dr. Don Easterbrook, emeritus professor of geology at Western Washington University conclusions aren't supported by any evidence either.

I can guess - that the earth goes through cycles and this is just part of that cycle.

He may even be right. That doesn't mean that people aren't altering the cycle, perhaps severely.

It doesn't mean they are either!!!

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri May 21, 2010 10:11 am

They just announced that March 2010 was the warmest March on record (land and ocean surface temperature combined) going back 130 years to 1880, with a 1.39 F (0.77 C) increase in Average Temperature.

That shouldn't surprise anyone, given the fact that way less than 1% of the earth's surface was being monitored for daily temperatures 130 years ago.

Even 65 years ago it wasn't much better than that.

And that 1.39 F (0.77 C) increase in Average Temperature doesn't prove the earth is actually getting warmer or hotter, ..... now does it?. NO IT DOESN'T.

If the average winter temperatures were steadily getting less cold (warmer) over the past 130 years .... which we know is an observational fact ...... and the average summer temperatures remained the same, ....... then wouldn't that produce said 1.39 F (0.77 C) increase in Average Temperature? I think it would, I think it would.

The Heat Island effect due to all of man's building and infrastructure would cause an increase in Winter warming and thus an increase in the Average Winter Temperatures ...... and subsequently an increase in the Average Yearly Temperatures.

And that’s because, if the average summer temperatures were increasing at the exact same rate as the average winter temperatures were increasing, ....... then the increase in Average Temperatures would remain constant during said time frame?

One either has to increase the low temperatures, ..... or increase the high temperatures, ......... but not both, ........ to get an increase in the average temperature.

Has anyone ever thought to check whether it is the winter temperatures or the summer temperatures that have been increasing? I don't think so.

Temperature graph only shows the Average Temperature Rise, .... not the Average Summer or the Average Winter Temperature Rise. To wit:

Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW: Globaltempchange

Thus, one can't tell from any of these graphs whether it is the Winter temperatures that are getting warmer ...... or if it is the Summer temperatures that are getting hotter.

Thus, me thinks those AGW Scientists are pulling a big scam by claiming that CO2 is causing the earth to get hotter because "their calculated increase in Average Temperatures proves it". FUBAR

DUH, if CO2 was the culprit …… then both the Summer and Winter temperatures would be increasing ……. and the Average Yearly Temperature increase would be 0.0 F degrees. One would see spikes and dips due to weather conditions but the average should remain fairly constant.

Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW: 81632 Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW: 81632 Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW: 81632 Harvard scientist pooh-poohs AGW: 46059

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down