WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam

+3
Stephanie
ziggy
Keli
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam Empty Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam

Post by Keli Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:19 am

Pew Poll: Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam
Examiner December 7, 2010 Marc Schenker

Pew Poll: Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam. In a new poll by Pew, a majority of Muslims in many of the world’s Islamic countries says they are very much in favor of killing any person who converts from Islam to any other religion. The new poll also exposed mainstream Muslim attitudes regarding other aspects of their life. For instance, the poll found that a majority in the Muslim world are in favor of cutting off hands for theft, stoning people to death for adultery, and insisting that Islam play a major role in politics. This recent Pew poll was conducted over the course of a month and asked Muslims in several countries about what was going on in their heads. Many of the respondents were also questioned face to face.

(Excerpt) Read more at examiner.com ...

Islam is a religion of peace--believe that or Muslims will kill you!
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam Empty Re: Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam

Post by ziggy Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:21 pm

And if we denounce certain doctrines of "Christianity", the God of "Christians" will get us.

It is all so hokey ............................
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam Empty Re: Majority of Muslims supports death for anyone leaving Islam

Post by Stephanie Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:24 pm

I wonder how many Christians support eternal damnation for anyone leaving Christianity.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Dear Ziggurat and Stephatima,
We are not talking about what they claim their god would do--some future judgment, we are talking about their killing in cold blood those who leave the religion of peace.

Keli
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:01 pm

I know it. I also have heard, and read, a number of Christians demand Muslim nations be carpet bombed or otherwise obliterated.

See what I mean about organized religion not being such a good thing for humanity?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Stephanie wrote:I know it. I also have heard, and read, a number of Christians demand Muslim nations be carpet bombed or otherwise obliterated.

See what I mean about organized religion not being such a good thing for humanity?

So, you are admitting that Islam is bad for humanity?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:55 pm

Yes, but I think Christianity is bad for humanity too.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Stephanie wrote:Yes, but I think Christianity is bad for humanity too.

Do you believe that a majority of Christians think that a person who leaves Christianity should be killed?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:14 pm

Question:

Does Islam proscribe death for the Muslim who converts to another religion?

Summary Answer:

Those who turn their back on Islam are to be put to death. This is confirmed by the words and deeds of Muhammad. The only freedom of belief in Islam is the freedom to become Muslim.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them"

Qur'an (9:11-12) - "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge. And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief - Lo! they have no binding oaths - in order that they may desist." This verse is speaking of infidels (ie. "slay the infidels wherever you find them" 9:5) who obviously became Muslim to escape the sword, but the Hadith make no distinction of how a Muslim came to be a Muslim. Apostasy is always punished by death.

Other verses that seem to support the many Hadith demanding death for apostates are Qur'an verses 2:217, 9:73-74, 88:21, 5:54, and 9:66.

Advocates for killing apostates have pointed out that the supporting hadith are reliable and thus qualify as law according to verse 4:80 - "Whoso obeyeth the Messenger obeyeth Allah." Ala-awkbarf!
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:23 am

Keli wrote:
Stephanie wrote:Yes, but I think Christianity is bad for humanity too.

Do you believe that a majority of Christians think that a person who leaves Christianity should be killed?

No. But I do think a pretty significant number of fundamentalist Christians think Muslims should be killed on general principles.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

Back about 2003- soon after the U.S. invasion of Iraq- our own Cato (then aka Willy) said that all of Iraq should be turned into a "parking lot that glows in the dark".
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:02 am

ziggy wrote:Back about 2003- soon after the U.S. invasion of Iraq- our own Cato (then aka Willy) said that all of Iraq should be turned into a "parking lot that glows in the dark".

That's right and I still stand by what I said. Ziggy both you and Stephanie seem to think that I beleive muslims should be butchered simply because they are muslims. In my book that makes both of you simple not to mention stupid.

Let's first deal with what I said about Iraq. If one is going to wage war, three items need to be considered. First, does one have the ability to win decisively, second can one win quickly, and third will the citizens stand behind you for the long haul. In the case of the US vs Iraq, we had the ability to win decisively and quickly, however, what we didn't have was a public that would commit during the longhaul. We also had two politicial parties who saw the war as a way to gain political favor. By not going in and doing the things necessary to win quickly and completely, the public who at first back the war, turned against it. The politicans on both sides then used the war and public opinion to gardener political favor. The result is what we have today, a drawn out war that is getting our young men and women butchered and continues to devide the nation.

Now let's deal with what you and Stephanie seem to think I beleive concerning muslims. Here is what I beleive. I have no problem with muslims so long as they respect my space and my faith. I know enough about their religion to know that it does not respect my liberty. I know that in what ever dealings I have with muslims, this needs to be kept in mind. I will leave them and their faith alone, but I expect the same treatment from them. I don't think that is too much to ask or expect.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:45 am

HEY, I don't claim to be a Christian ...... but I did support the making of "glass parking lots" in any country that attacks the US.

What the hell is the US spending BILLIONS on hi-tech weapons for if they have no intentions to use them ...... but instead continue to send our Military personnel in to get slaughtered and maimed.

One good KER-BOOM could change the minds of the survivors pretty damn quick like. And iffen you don't do it "now" you will justa hafta kill more of them "later".

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:55 am

SamCogar wrote:And iffen you don't do it "now" you will justa hafta kill more of them "later".

That's what Patton said to Ike in Hohenfels, Germany in 1945 and he was right.

And I can't help but notice Stephanie that your comparison is once again, completely off the mark. You previously compared isolated instances of violance by Christion groups to the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Middle East by Muslims and now your comparing what you perceive to be the thoughts of some Christians to Muslims actually killing those who leave their religion.

Your attempts to like the two religions and their current actions are truly stretched and are showing your bias.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Dear Stephatima and Ziggurrat,

Why do you always hijack a topic such as "a MAJORITY of Muslims believe that a person who leaves Islam should be KILLED" with "Oh yeah, what about the Christian fundies?" IF you can show proof in a Pew poll that a MAJORITY of "Christian fundies" would do the same thing--that is one thing; but, that old crank about "what about Christian fundies" is getting old... The point of the poll is that a MAJORITY of Muslims want apostates KILLED--not prayed for, not pitied, not shunned, not snubbed, not taken out of the will--but KILLED!

Sincerely,
Keli
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:08 pm

Keli wrote:Dear Stephatima and Ziggurrat,

Why do you always hijack a topic such as "a MAJORITY of Muslims believe that a person who leaves Islam should be KILLED" with "Oh yeah, what about the Christian fundies?" IF you can show proof in a Pew poll that a MAJORITY of "Christian fundies" would do the same thing--that is one thing; but, that old crank about "what about Christian fundies" is getting old... The point of the poll is that a MAJORITY of Muslims want apostates KILLED--not prayed for, not pitied, not shunned, not snubbed, not taken out of the will--but KILLED!

Sincerely,
Keli

Keli, it is not hijacking a topic to expand the discussion to related matters. You beat up on Muslims with some regularity here- with, I estimate, more than a hundred posts doing so in the past year alone. It gets old- especially when we realize that it is not just Muslims that demand obedience to religious doctrines. I grant you that religious zealots can be violent. But let us not pretend that it is limited to just the Muslim religion.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:28 pm

ziggy wrote:

Sincerely,
Keli

Keli, it is not hijacking a topic to expand the discussion to related matters. You beat up on Muslims with some regularity here- with, I estimate, more than a hundred posts doing so in the past year alone. It gets old- especially when we realize that it is not just Muslims that demand obedience to religious doctrines. I grant you that religious zealots can be violent. But let us not pretend that it is limited to just the Muslim religion.

Can you name any Christian group which has a majority of adherents that believe an apostate from their group should be killed?
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:39 pm

Why are you so obsessed with Muslims?

Why do you insist on making the leap that because Muslims in Islamic nations think a certain way, Muslims in this country and other parts of the world do too?

On the 30th anniversary of the murder of John Lennon, perhaps you ought to try imagining a world with no religion.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned about you because I don't think this is healthy. You have a beautiful family. I encourage you to focus more of your time and attention on all those lovely ladies in your life. You truly are a lucky man. Take advantage of it.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:52 pm

with, I estimate, more than a hundred posts doing so in the past year alone. It gets old

I didn't realize that there was a limit of post on this forum and what they could contain. This reminds me of the idiot who wants the government to protect him from Dancing with the Stars OC referenced this morning on another thread.

Why is it that liberals always seem to want someone to protect them from somthing they can control simply by the act of ignoring. If it is old to you and you know what he's going to post, it shouldn't take a genius to figure out that the easy remedy is, don't open the thread. I mean, really, how difficult is that?

Geeze...
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Stephanie wrote:Why are you so obsessed with Muslims?

Why do you insist on making the leap that because Muslims in Islamic nations think a certain way, Muslims in this country and other parts of the world do too?

On the 30th anniversary of the murder of John Lennon, perhaps you ought to try imagining a world with no religion.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned about you because I don't think this is healthy. You have a beautiful family. I encourage you to focus more of your time and attention on all those lovely ladies in your life. You truly are a lucky man. Take advantage of it.

I am obsessed with Muslims because they--at least a majority of them--believe in killing any one who leaves the religion, they kill innocent people in airplanes and buildings; and, yet they masquerade as the "religion of peace" and are championed by those who hate Zionists.
Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:38 pm

OK, I think we need to clear something up. Under the guise of protecting Ziggy from reading post by Kelli, do these new posting restrictions apply to threads or total post?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:28 am

Keli wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Sincerely,
Keli

Can you name any Christian group which has a majority of adherents that believe an apostate from their group should be killed?

We do not know that any Muslim group believe this, either. All we have is your word that someone else said so. But that does not matter anyway.

The problem is in the illogical doctrines and hocus-pocus mythology of supernatural religions all over- not just one group or one religion. Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity is just as bogus as any Muslim religion sect.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:38 am

Keli wrote:I am obsessed with Muslims because they--at least a majority of them--believe in killing any one who leaves the religion, they kill innocent people in airplanes and buildings; and, yet they masquerade as the "religion of peace" and are championed by those who hate Zionists.

Keli, the only people in the past several years that I have seen or heard to say that the Muslim religion is a "religion of peace" are you and George W. Bush. And frankly, I don't believe either one of you on that. But if it serves your and the Shrub's agenda to say that, then bring it on. Just don't expect us all of to drink your Kool-aid without a struggle.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:21 am

[quote="ziggy"][quote="Keli"][quote="ziggy"]
Keli wrote:
We do not know that any Muslim group believe this, either. All we have is your word that someone else said so. But that does not matter anyway.

http://www.examiner.com/american-politics-in-vancouver/pew-poll-majority-of-muslims-support-death-for-anyone-leaving-islam

Keli
Keli

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:50 am

Thanks. But again, that does not matter anyway. The larger problem is the authoritarian powers commanded by illogical doctrines and hocus-pocus mythology of supernatural religions overall- not just of one group or one religion. Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity is just as bogus and incredible as any Muslim religion sect.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next