WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Danny Jones Out of Control

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Danny Jones Out of Control - Page 2 Empty Re: Danny Jones Out of Control

Post by Stephanie Fri May 16, 2008 2:08 pm

I have spoken to one city council member about Danny Jones, at length, mind you. I am hoping to have another conversation with this individual tomorrow. I'll post my thoughts on the city council/Jones by Monday. I prefer to keep my thoughts to myself until then. I'd like to give this person the opportunity to change my mind. lol
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri May 16, 2008 2:33 pm

I gave him the benefit of the doubt right up to the point that he began withholding funds and refused to re-appoint Dr. Artz to the board because he, in Jones words, 'disrespected' him.

No longer. If I lived in Charleston, I would be at every council meeting doing all I could to remove him.

What I fail to understand is why the citizens of Kanawha County allow him to get by with his tyranny. After all, it is the KANAWHA-Charleston Health department, is it not!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri May 16, 2008 2:50 pm

Aaron wrote:Yes is is. And so is removing our leaders for failure to carry out the duties of their duly elected office. Withholding legally apportioned funds becasue an agency won't bend to your dictorial rule is reason enough for the city council to begin the impeachment process against Mr. Jones, don't you agree Frank!!!

Actually, it is up to City Council, not to Mr. Jones, to withhold or not withhold "legally apportioned funds". A council that would join the Mayor and would vote to withhold those funds obviously would not impeach the Mayor for doing so. You can bet that Jones would not be speaking so authoritatively if he thought council was not with him, or that he was about to be impeached.

And since the state legisltaure ( and Constitution?) does not allow WV citizens the privilege of direct recall of its errant public officials, we are almost always stuck with the political scumbags until at least the next election. And Jones knows the political landscape of Charleston better than you and I do.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri May 16, 2008 5:36 pm

ziggy wrote:
And since the state legisltaure ( and Constitution?) does not allow WV citizens the privilege of direct recall of its errant public officials, we are almost always stuck with the political scumbags until at least the next election. And Jones knows the political landscape of Charleston better than you and I do.

I'm not sure what the legislature and/or constitution says about recalling it's errant officials but I do know that neither can stop citizens from speaking out at council meetings. The citizens need to start exercising their rights and change the political landscape of Charleston. If not, Charleston is going to continue it's current trend of a declining population.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2