WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success

+3
Aaron
Stephanie
ohio county
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 Empty Re: New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:17 am

SamCogar wrote:One thing is, being a bigot involves malice and hatred.

Has your reading comprehension always been lacking Sam?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 Empty Re: New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success

Post by Cato Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:
Aaron wrote:
SamCogar wrote:Some people never quite figure out the difference between being opinionated and being a bigot.

One thing is, being a bigot involves malice and hatred.

And of course there is really no reason to be figuring it out if one employs "bigotry" as a "tool of/for rebuttal".

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632

Perhaps you should look up the defination of a bigot Sam.

big·ot   /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled
[big-uht] Show IPA

–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

And I'll bet your defination of tolerance is one, accepting, agreeing with, and embracing every creed, doctrine, and lifestyle that comes down the pike.

tol·er·ance   /ˈtɒlərəns/ Show Spelled
[tol-er-uhns] Show IPA

–noun
1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
3. interest in and concern for ideas, opinions, practices, etc., foreign to one's own; a liberal, undogmatic viewpoint.

Based on the defination you posted, I'll gladly admit that by that defination, I am intolerant, a bigot, and ignorant.

All this time I thought tolerance was live and let live. I have no problem with anyone, no matter their views, race, creed, doctines, religion, sexual orientation, or whatever. The catch to that is however, so long as they leave me alone, don't try to destory the nation I live in, don't force me to use what is mine in a manner to which I choose not to participate, don't use the government to extort what I have earned, or force their will upon me, we'll get along fine. However, remember, tolerance is also a two way street. Those that choose to be intolerant or me, my property, my earnings, my life, and my choices can expect me to return the favor.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:05 am

Stephanie wrote:
In any event, think what you like. No skin off my nose Smile

If you don't get your nose out of Ron Paul behind, you ain't going to have any skin on your nose. You are right on one point, what I think is of little consequence. As I said your posts speak for themselves.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:22 am

Cato wrote:I'll gladly admit that by that defination, I am intolerant, a bigot, and ignorant.

We agree on something.

Yay

Now if only you can work on those anger issues.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:I'll gladly admit that by that defination, I am intolerant, a bigot, and ignorant.

We agree on something.

Yay

Quite truthfully, I'm darn proud of it.

What anger issues, by the way? I don't have anger issues. I just call them as I see them and that tends to upset some people.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Cato wrote:
Aaron wrote:

We agree on something.

Yay

Quite truthfully, I'm darn proud of it.

What anger issues, by the way? I don't have anger issues. I just call them as I see them and that tends to upset some people.

Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:45 am

Cato wrote:So, yes, Sam, I am a bigot and an idiot.

Willy, not according to this definition:

bigoted - Being a bigot; biased; strongly prejudiced; forming opinions without just cause

Willy, perhaps those accusing you of bigotry should explain their ...... "just cause" for doing so.

There is no "just cause" for throwing one person "under the bus" just to make room for some unknown stranger(s) they have formed some sort of an emotional bond for.

Doing such a dastardly deed ...... tears the heart right out of patriotism.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

And one should alway be careful so as not to completely "turn you back" on such people whose "emotions" drive their deeds because emotional feelings can change quite quickly for insignificant reasons ...... and those people who think they are standing in a "safe spot" ........ will suddenly find themselves flat on their ass under a bus.

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 33948 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 197570

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:56 am

Aaron wrote: Perhaps you should look up the defination of a bigot Sam.

big·ot   /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled
[big-uht] Show IPA

–noun

Aaron, and just how tolerant are you concerning Willy's creed, belief and/or opinions?

I'll loan you a mirror iffen you don't have one. Razz Razz Razz Razz

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 am

Aaron wrote:
SamCogar wrote:One thing is, being a bigot involves malice and hatred.

Has your reading comprehension always been lacking Sam?

Hey, you are the one that posted this "love note", ..... weren't you?

big·ot -  a person who is utterly intolerant of ......

Oh, ..... hatred, ...... "love note, ..... utterly intolerant , ...... that sounds like an oxymoron.

Maybe it should read, ......... hatred, ...... "hate note, ..... utterly intolerant ?

Yup, dat sounds better, right? New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:25 am

I see you're bloods moving pretty good this morning Sam. I'm not sure how I threw anyone under the bus, I have no idea what love notes you're referring to and I have no idea how patriotism fits into this. If you can condense your thoughs down to one post, without all the drama (and here I thought that was only for the ladies) then we might have a decent discussion but honestly, I've got too much to do and not enough time (at least today) to chase your rants all over the place and address them.

If you could clarify what you mean, preferably in one post then maybe we can have a discussion. How's that sound Sammy ole boy?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Aaron wrote:If you could clarify what you mean, preferably in one post then maybe we can have a discussion. How's that sound Sammy ole boy?

You asked for it, ..... now let's see what you do with it.

Aaron wrote:
SamCogar wrote:Some people never quite figure out the difference between being opinionated and being a bigot.

And of course there is really no reason to be figuring it out if one employs "bigotry" as a "tool of/for rebuttal".

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 81632

Perhaps you should look up the defination of a bigot Sam.

big•ot   /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled
[big-uht] Show IPA

–noun

To appease Aaron, ……Sam looked up the definition of the word bigot, to wit:

Definitions of bigot on the Web:

•a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

•A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigot

•bigotry - the intolerance and prejudice of a bigot

•bigoted - blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others; "a bigoted person"; "an outrageously bigoted point of view"

•bigoted - Being a bigot; biased; strongly prejudiced; forming opinions without just cause
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bigoted

The first 4 definitions contain the descriptor “intolerant”, whereas the 5th one does not.

Definitions of intolerant on the Web:

•unwilling to tolerate difference of opinion
•illiberal: narrow-minded about cherished opinions

Out of the five (5) above definitions I chose the 5th one because it included the words “just cause” but excluded the word "intolerant".

Now I have to assume the reason for that is, ..... a bigot can be intolerant of another person's "just cause", ...... but the person with the "just cause" can not be accused of being a bigot because they can't very well be intolerant of their own "just cause".

Willy has a "just cause" that he only applies to himself, not to everyone else, thus Willy is not a bigot.

Others have their own "just cause" which they want to force upon Willy because they are intolerant of Willy's "just cause", thus they are the bigots.

And when bigots attempt to force something upon another person that doesn't want it to be FORCED upon him/her, ..... me thinks that "forcing" action constitutes an act of malice and/or hatred, to wit:

Definitions of malice on the Web:

•feeling a need to see others suffer
Definitions of hatred on the Web:

•in general is a vehement aversion entertained by one person for another, or for something more or less identified with that other.

And thus the reason I posted this comment, to wit:

bigoted - Being a bigot; biased; strongly prejudiced; forming opinions without just cause

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm

You're most certainly entitled to your opinion Sam. Cato is still a bigot but if you want to think otherwise, have at it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Hell, call him a racist, ..... that's the partisan Democrats favorite word for flinging around.

Ya don't wanna talk bout your "just cause, .... huh?"

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm

Ok. He's a racist bigot.

Anything else?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:50 am

SamCogar wrote:
Aaron wrote:If you could clarify what you mean, preferably in one post then maybe we can have a discussion. How's that sound Sammy ole boy?

Well, you did say "maybe".

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 46059

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:34 am

You're doing a dandy job of having a discussion with yourself Sam. You don't need me to talk out both sides of your ass.

lol! lol! lol!
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:38 am

My o' my, when you get bested you really get pissy faced.

Reminds me of ....... hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You really shouldn't be making/implying promises, ..... like ... "maybe we can have a discussion", ....... and then getting all pierty n' pissy faced at the promisee when you don't want to keep up your end of the bargain.

I spent way over an hour doing what you asked, ....... and then you walk away from it. Twisted Evil New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 248524

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:08 am

I find you amusing Sam. If you want to have a discussion, have one. But if you want me to participate then you can't go making stuff up. I called Cato a bigot, you questioned it and I gave you a defination. You didn't like it so you found another defination. That's you having a discussion with yourself. If you want to include me, they you have to go back to what I'm talking about and not try and put words in my mouth.

Cool? Or does that no suit your agenda?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:17 am

Aaron wrote:I find you amusing Sam. If you want to have a discussion, have one. But if you want me to participate then you can't go making stuff up. I called Cato a bigot, you questioned it and I gave you a defination. You didn't like it so you found another defination. That's you having a discussion with yourself. If you want to include me, they you have to go back to what I'm talking about and not try and put words in my mouth.

Cool? Or does that no suit your agenda?

Me thinks it is you that is ....... "making stuff up".

Do you have a habit of takiing credit for things you don't deserve, ..... or what?

SamCogar wrote:
Cato wrote:So, yes, Sam, I am a bigot and an idiot.

Willy, perhaps those accusing you of bigotry should explain their ...... "just cause" for doing so.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:00 am

Sam, me calling Cato a bigot came long before this thread and Cato has admitted to being a Bigot more times then I can remember. It's nice to know that he has a defender though. Good for you.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:26 am

Sam, me calling Cato a bigot came long before this thread

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 am

SamCogar wrote:
Sam, me calling Cato a bigot came long before this thread

I disagree that being a bigot involves malice and hatred, particularly for older generations. For some, it is simply a way of life. You are wrong but then that is just my opinion which I am using to refute your argument.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:52 pm

O's appointees cash in.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/02/obamas-green-subsidies-attract-do-gooder-bandits

ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:25 pm

I disagree that being a bigot involves malice and hatred, particularly for older generations. For some, it is simply a way of life.

At the risk of becoming part of his signature again, I agree with Aaron again here.

I would even venture that we're all bigoted about some several things or others- and sometimes without realizing it.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:59 am

Aaron wrote:I disagree that being a bigot involves malice and hatred, particularly for older generations. For some, it is simply a way of life. You are wrong but then that is just my opinion which I am using to refute your argument.

Before one gets a case of diarrhea of the mouth and declares another person a bigot or a racist …… they should first ask themselves ……. “Really now, why did he/she do that”?

If the person had/has “Just Cause” for doing whatever it was they did ……… then said he/she is not deserving of being accused of being a bigot.

If the accuser does not take the above into consideration prior to their accusation of bigotry, ......... then their actions are obviously an attempt to harm, force, belittle, embarass, defame and/or browbeat said he/she for doing or into doing something that is contrary to their “Just Cause”.

Thus, if one person is intent on harming, belittling, embarassing and/or defaming another person, then it must involve malice or hatred for one reason or other.

And "Yes", in most instances, bigotry involves malice and hatred, particularly in the older generations, ........ because they were nurtured with that mindset.

The same as those who were nurtured with a malice and hatred toward anyone of a different Political Party affiliation ........ or a homosexual orientation

New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 197570 New Obama Press Secretary Touts Stimulus Success - Page 2 197570

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next