WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability

+3
Stephanie
Aaron
SamCogar
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability Empty Elites Way Off on Palin Electability

Post by SamCogar Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:20 am

Figure that almost all media coverage of Palin for the previous 2 years has been incredibly negative, accusatory, insulting, misleading, and "downright mean", to quote Michelle Obama.

The good news is: things couldn’t get worse for Palin. The majority of current opinion about Palin is formed not on thoughtful consideration of her, but on minimally whimsical knowledge bandied about by frivolous “media” and entertainment personalities.

Most voters, sadly, know more about Charlie Sheen and American Idol than they do about Sarah Palin or Barack Obama. Their opinion of her is that she is a ditzy beauty queen who is obviously controversial and not electable, and very, very right wing. After all, we just got our news from Saturday Night Live, Politico, or The Daily Show, so it must be true. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

But what happens when 100 Million people tune into a debate between Barack Obama and Sarah Palin? What happens when she speaks freely and convincingly in that debate, as she did in a great interview with the Long Island Association? And then what happens when people realize that she isn’t the moron “they” have attempted to portray her as? That she can speak without uhhh’s and ummm’s like someone else cannot? And when Palin releases, yes I will say it, Reaganesque commercials that are inspiring and uplifting, you know about America being that shining city on a something or another? How quickly will opinion change when people realize that Sarah Palin is not what the media have portrayed her as?

http://conservatives4palin.com/2011/03/poll-insider-elites-way-off-on-palin-electability-part-1-and-more-on-the-theory-of-palin-as-the-unknown-known.html

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability Empty Re: Elites Way Off on Palin Electability

Post by SamCogar Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:03 am

For all the Palin Haters ......

here are a couple more of "your-kind-of-facts" that you can "copy n' paste" in your ......

Mimic Book of Bullshit and Other Crapolla

....... for later use when you want to add some of your brilliance and knowledge to a Forum discussion.

Bill Maher uttered a female vulgarism when referring to former Republican VP candidate Sarah Palin on his HBO show Friday night.

“Did you hear this – Sarah Palin finally heard what happened in Japan and she’s demanding that we invade ‘Tsunami,’” Maher said. “I mean she said, ‘These ‘Tsunamians’ will not get away with this.’ Oh speaking of dumb tw**s, did you...”

Maher was offering an imagined Palin response in an apparent attempt at humor, as Palin had made no such statement.

The National Organization for Women (NOW) refused to comment on Maher’s use of the derogatory term. A rep told FOXNews.com it is a “known fact” that NOW does not correspond with FOX News.

"Bill Maher feels he can get away with such jaw-droppingly offensive verbal attacks on Sarah Palin because virtually the entire media-academia-entertainment complex agrees with him,” Vadum said. “Clinging to their political correctness and disdain for her quintessentially American values, the left-wing cocktail circuit regards Palin as a punch line.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/03/22/maher-calls-sarah-palin-female-vulgarism-stays-mum/?test=latestnews

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability Empty Re: Elites Way Off on Palin Electability

Post by Aaron Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Why do I think she's doomed, even though it now looks as if she really does mean to give it a go? She's a Marmite politician, a populist who enthuses enormous swaths of US voters, whose attitudes and personal history makes them feel: "She's me; she understands my hopes and fears."

But Marmite politicians also frighten people. Palin's public utterances and record make many Americans recoil at the very thought that this flake could get anywhere near the levers of power in the federal government in Washington – still the most powerful political job in the world.

It's middle-of-the-road, non-aligned voters – the independents, as they are called in the US – who resolve such conflicting and polarised feelings. That's where Palin is doomed.

The independents seem to have cooled towards Obama, who has proved a disappointment as a national leader in so many ways. It's not clear to many what he stands for; he seems to lack the capacity to connect with the voters on an emotional level and many policy initiatives are floundering.

A lot of Democrats are clearly disappointed too. They'd vote for a convincing Democratic alternative – not visible yet unless you think Hillary Clinton is still a runner at 63 – and independents might well back a reassuring Republican.

Republican voters, the kind of people who are deeply disaffected with the political process – hence the increase in support for Tea Party insurgents – would probably rally to the party standard-bearer. All political partisans like to win.

But Palin's achilles heel isn't her silly speeches and inadequate grasp of public policy in TV interviews except on Fox News. It probably isn't even her dabbling with reality TV, which alarms even so hard-nosed a Republican pro as Karl Rove, "Bush's brain".

No. It's her standing in her own back yard. She was governor of Alaska, you remember, but walked out on the job halfway through her controversial first term. In the mid-term elections she was an enthusiastic supporter of Tea Party protege Joe Miller. Overnight it seems confirmed – at last – that he lost the count.

Source

First, I'm not convinced that Palin can win the Republican nomination for the same reason Clinton didn't win the Democratic Primary in 08-cross party voting-but if she does, reasonably minded independents like myself likely will not vote for her.

And it certainly won't help is Michelle Bachman enters the races as she will take some of the Palin's support from her.

Personally, I think Palin woiuld be smart to heed the words of Andrew Breibart but that's just my opinion as someone who prefers someone who has the intestinal fortitude to finish what they start.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:58 am

reasonably minded independents like myself likely will not vote for her.

Yada, yada, yada, .... just typical bullshit from the mouth of a "fence sitter" awaiting to see which way the "winning wind" is going to blow.

Keep posting those "fence sitter" CYAs as a guarantee that you will be able to claim "I was right" after the final votes are counted.

And it certainly won't help is Michelle Bachman enters the races as she will take some of the Palin's support from her.

Just more of the same BS.

Personally, I think Palin woiuld be smart to heed the words of Andrew Breibart but that's just my opinion as someone who prefers someone who has the intestinal fortitude to finish what they start.

In your case, uttering the words ........ Personally, ..... I think .... & ... smart, ....... all in the same sentence ........ constitutes the first ever use of a tri-oxymoron.

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:14 am

I hardly see how I'm a fence sitter Sam when I've said all along she will not win. I'm not a huge fan of "I told you so" but when she loses I will personally drive to Burnsville and deliver one to you as I laugh my ass off.

I am curious though as to why you think Bachman won't strip her of votes considering the two are virtually identical with the big difference being that Bachman hasn't quit and Palin did.

As much of a stretch as I know it is, I don't suppose you could elaborate, could you?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:28 am

Sarah Palin's support among likely Republican primary voters is fading according to a newly-released Gallup poll, the second national survey this week to indicate the Alaska Republican is headed in the wrong direction as the 2012 primary race gears up.

Accord to the Gallup survey, which was released Friday, Palin draws 12 percent of support from Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, a 4 percent decline from a similar Gallup survey conducted one month ago. Those results are similar to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released earlier this week showing Palin had fallen 7 points between January and March, from 19 percent to 12 percent.

Recent surveys from Pew and NBC News also indicate the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's current support hovers around the low double digits – a definitive drop from her showings in similar polls earlier this year.

She's dropping faster then your lucidity Sammy ole boy when you miss a dose of your meds.

Razz Razz Razz
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:40 pm

All the people I know who loved Palin two years ago love her even more today, Aaron.

I don't see Palin as winning nor do I see Bachmann as winning away voters from her. I know I won't vote for her. I'd vote for Palin first.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:31 am

I hardly see how I'm a fence sitter Sam

HA, I thought you probably knew, but I guess I was giving you too much credit, ….. again.

Fence sitters get their name from sitting astraddle of the “fence” and telling anyone they think is listening ……. the reasons why any and every Political Candidate being discussed …….. can’t win and/or will not win ….. and the specific reasons why “people won’t vote for them”……. without actually saying that they are not going to vote for said Candidate. To wit:

when I've said all along she will not win. I'm not a huge fan of "I told you so" but when she loses I will personally drive to Burnsville and deliver one to you as I laugh my ass off.

Non-fence sitters choose the Candidates they think are the best qualified and tell anyone they think is listening ……. the reasons why they should vote for the Political Candidate being discussed ….. and the specific reasons why “they themselves will be voting for them”.

Being able to “laugh their ass off” at someone whose chosen Candidate lost the election is not a primary need or concern of a Non-fence sitter.

I am curious though as to why you think Bachman won't strip her of votes

I don’t recall saying, stating or implying that “she won’t” .... so why are you asking said? DUH

Your clueless interpretation of my comment was typical “fence sitter” rebuttal to fend off “proof” of your “can’t win” claims.

the big difference being that Bachman hasn't quit and Palin did.

So what, you quit and walked away from your job, …… didn’t you?

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ...... Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 81632

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:38 pm

Stephanie wrote:All the people I know who loved Palin two years ago love her even more today, Aaron.

And as the polls show, that is a very small minority and getting smaller. Even last year when she addressed the TEA Party convention in Nashville, she was catering to her own while at the same time upsetting the establishment in Washington.

But business is business and politics is politics. Was tonight's speech helpful to building her appeal as a candidate? Hundreds who adore her streamed out of the ballroom with giggles, convinced that Sarah would be their gal in 2012. But the U.S. electorate, stubborn as it is, would disagree. Elections are won and lost in the middle, not on the extremes. Palin's fiery rebuke of Washington certainly firmed her base, but it did little to widen her appeal to moderates and independents, two groups without which she’d have a real tough time passing the threshold of electoral votes. (At one point, she even mocked the majority of voters who voted for President Obama, asking them, “How's that hopey-changey thing working for you now?”)

Which is to say that electorally speaking, tonight’s speech was a self-inflicted wound for Palin, offering ammo to opponents to argue that she’s simply too far right and too niche to win widespread support for national office. Speeches like this make the people who love Palin love her even more, and the people who don’t ever more certain why they don’t. In other words, Palin further polarized herself with the American public.

Source

At least you get that she won't win. Now try explaining it to Sam so he'll stop his crying over my pointing out the truth.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:07 pm

SamCogar wrote:
I hardly see how I'm a fence sitter Sam

HA, I thought you probably knew, but I guess I was giving you too much credit, ….. again.

Fence sitters get their name from sitting astraddle of the “fence” and telling anyone they think is listening ……. the reasons why any and every Political Candidate being discussed …….. can’t win and/or will not win ….. and the specific reasons why “people won’t vote for them”……. without actually saying that they are not going to vote for said Candidate.

The only problem with that is that your definition is wrong. Fence sitters do not get their name from telling anyone anything. That term was coined to define those who are indecisive and/or can't make up their mind about a specific topic.

Here is the defination from 3 sources.

From the Free Dictionary online

fence sitter
n. Informal
One who takes a position of neutrality or indecision, as in a controversial matter.

source

From Princeton University Online Dictionary based on Random House (2 definations)

fence-sit·ter   /ˈfɛnsˌsɪtər/ Show Spelled
[fens-sit-er]
–noun
a person who remains neutral or undecided in a controversy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1900–05

fence-sit·ting
noun
a person who won't take sides in a controversy

source

And from infoplease online.

fence-sit•ter

Pronunciation: (fens'sit"ur), [key]
—n.
a person who remains neutral or undecided in a controversy.

source

This term came about because the philosophy of a "fence sitter" is that once the matter is decided, they can then jump onto the winning side and claim victory all along. As I've hardly been neutral or indecisive on Palin's electability and I've not told anyone, including you, why anyone should or shouldn't vote for any specific candidate, I'm anything but a fence sitter. I'm merely stating facts and in doing so, I've been very decisive in my statements with no neutrality.

I'll say it again so as not to confuse you. Palin is unelectable and will not win the 2012 Presidential election. In fact, I don't believe she will win the Republican nomination (for reasons previously stated) and the fact that I state this so emphatically has you all " pouty, pierty and pissy faced ." I'm sorry that I've hurt your feelings and you've gotten your panties all in a wad but that is the simple truth.

SamCogar wrote:So what, you quit and walked away from your job, …… didn’t you?

In a sense I did Sam. My plant was shut down in St. Albans and I was offered a job in Cincinnati even though there was no position for me at that plant at that time. They created a Plant Superintendent position even though sales did not justify such a position and they did so to keep me with the company. In addition, they gave me $32,000 to move from WV to OH so I accepted the jog.

Six months later, when Oldcastle decided to cut all Production Superintendent Positions at most of their North American locations and roll those responsibilities into Plant Manager Positions, I was offered one of two choices. Take a plant manager position at any of the open plants, Dallas, Salt Lake City, LA or Phoenix or get laid off.

I chose the latter as I wanted to come home for my youngest two children’s last years of high school. I was told I was a fool as 3 of the jobs offered were 6 figure salaries but for me, there are more important things then money. I don't expect you to understand my decision but there are many who do.

Palin on the other hand simply quit. She can say it was to avoid bankruptcy but that's hardly the case now, is it?

Since leaving office at the end of July 2009, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee has brought in at least 100 times her old salary – a haul now estimated at more than $12 million -- through television and book deals and a heavy schedule of speaking appearances worth five and six figures.

That conservative estimate is based on publicly available records and news accounts. The actual number is probably much higher, but is hard to quantify because Palin does not publicize her earnings. She reputedly got a $7 million deal for her first book, with the bulk of that money due after her resignation as governor, and will earn about $250,000 per episode, according to the web site The Daily Beast, for each of eight episodes of a reality show about Alaska for the The Learning Channel. She has managed to keep a lid on reliable figures for her earnings from a multi-year contract with Fox News and a second book deal with HarperCollins.

source

So is there anything else?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:54 am

Aaron wrote:At least you get that she won't win.

Now try explaining it to Sam so he'll stop his crying over my pointing out the truth.

That term was coined to define those who are indecisive and/or can't make up their mind about a specific topic.

Aaron, as long as you keep yourself convinced that the sole purpose of an Election is to determine “which Candidate will not win……… then you will remain being right in thinking that you are not a “fence setter” ……… because it appears you are never neutral, indecisive or undecided about who you think is going to “lose an Election”.

But in actuality, …… Elections are about “WINNING”, ……. not about ”LOSING”.

And like I told you before, you are part of the majority that has been nurtured to “vote against a Candidate” to prevent him/her from winning.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:20 am

I chose the latter as I wanted to come home for my youngest two children’s last years of high school. I was told I was a fool as 3 of the jobs offered were 6 figure salaries but for me, there are more important things then money. I don't expect you to understand my decision but there are many who do.

Palin on the other hand simply quit. She can say it was to avoid bankruptcy but that's hardly the case now, is it?
Aaron, no matter how you "spin it", ....... you are still "badmouthing" Palin for the same thing you are guilty of, ........ and that makes you a hypocrite, ........ an extremely jealous "sexist" hypocrite.

Twisted Evil

Ps: me thinks you now realize that you "screwed up royally" ......... which only adds insult too your injury.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:06 pm

SamCogar wrote:

Aaron, no matter how you "spin it", ....... you are still "badmouthing" Palin for the same thing you are guilty of, ........ and that makes you a hypocrite, ........ an extremely jealous"sexist" hypocrite.

I disagree Sam. I was forced to make a decision with the status quo never being an option. Had Oldcastle listened to me and left the St. Albans plant open, not only would they have made about a million dollars instead of losing it, I would still be there.

But they didn't so when they offered me another postion, I took it to remain with the company and still remain close to my children. Heck, had they not eliminated the position in Cincinnati, I would probably still be there.

Palin didn't have to quit. Her job wasn't eliminated, she wasn't forced out and she didn't have to go anywhere. She quit to cash in, plain and simple. That's a fact no amount of crying from you can change.

SamCogar wrote:Ps: me thinks you now realize that you "screwed up royally" ......... which only adds insult too your injury.

Once again, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. You're credibility is about as low as it can be but you keep trying to take it lower. Why?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:08 pm

SamCogar wrote:
Aaron wrote:At least you get that she won't win.

Now try explaining it to Sam so he'll stop his crying over my pointing out the truth.

That term was coined to define those who are indecisive and/or can't make up their mind about a specific topic.

Aaron, as long as you keep yourself convinced that the sole purpose of an Election is to determine “which Candidate will not win” ……… then you will remain being right in thinking that you are not a “fence setter” ……… because it appears you are never neutral, indecisive or undecided about who you think is going to “lose an Election”.

But in actuality, …… Elections are about “WINNING”, ……. not about ”LOSING”.

And like I told you before, you are part of the majority that has been nurtured to “vote against a Candidate” to prevent him/her from winning.

3 definitions say your statement about fence sitters is crapola.

As for elections, the purpose is to determine a winner via the pre-set guidelines of the election process. To win the Republican nomination, states send delegates to the national convention who vote for the party nominee. Historically, they are supposed to vote for the candidate who won the popular vote in their state.

It can be a bit confusing as some states pledge all delegates to the winner of the popular vote while others pledge delegates to the candidates based on the percentage of popular votes they received. Adding to the confusion is that some states allow individuals to vote in whichever primary they choose regardless of political affiliation thus many democrats will cross party vote simply to vote against a candidate in hopes of costing that person that state.

If Palin decides to run (I don't think she will but anything's possible) then I can see that happening to her a great deal, particularly across the south.

And there is today's civics’ lesson Mr. Co-Gar. Any questions?

I’m not sure who I will vote for. If Chris Christie were running, he would likely get my support but he has said he’s not running so I’m not sure who I will vote for. I guess I’ll wait and see who actually runs instead of getting my panties in a wad and cry relentlessly over what someone says about one candidate.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:34 am

Aaron wrote:Once again, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. You're credibility is about as low as it can be but you keep trying to take it lower. Why?

Aaron, your ability to judge my credibility is about a -2 on a Scale of 1 to 10, .......... so it really doesn't surprise me that you think what you do.

Here is sumpin ya aughta learn, Aaron, ...... it's really tuff for anyone to attempt to paint a colorful picture of something .......... when they don't have very many "colors" in their Box of Crayons.

Razz

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:21 am

SamCogar wrote:
Aaron wrote:Once again, you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about. You're credibility is about as low as it can be but you keep trying to take it lower. Why?

Aaron, your ability to judge my credibility is about a -2 on a Scale of 1 to 10, .......... so it really doesn't surprise me that you think what you do.

If I'm so far off Sammie ole boy, why is it that you're so worried about what I say when I've been nothing but spot on. That is why you stay preoccupied with trying to discredit everything I say, right!!!

Otherwise, you would be willing to discuss why it is that Palin's numbers are dropping.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:13 am

HA, your definition of a discussion is only when the other party is agreeing with you.

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 pm

You know Sam ole chap, I notice that when you disagree with me, you never refute anything I say or answer questions I ask, you simply make derogotory statements, usually in bold and colorful caps and then you claim I'm wrong.

What you need to understand is that I honestly could care less if you agree with me or not. On the very few occassions that you do post something worthy of reading, I do so and then respond accordingly as I did on this thread.

It's not my fault you've gone all Elites Way Off on Palin Electability Nicholson and can't handle the truth. If you would rather remain clueless and be wrong, that's fine with me.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 am

You know Sam ole chap, I notice that when you disagree with me, you never refute anything I say

WRONG, just because it is you who refuses to be refuted by anyone ........... doesn't mean that you are always right and the opposing world is always in error.

What you need to understand is that I honestly could care less if you agree with me or not.

DUH, why don't you tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.

Aaron, a person never really gets too old to "learn something new" ..... and thus the only reason they appear incapable of said regarding specific subject matter(s) ...... is because of their own conscious/nurtured decision(s) not to learn ........ or, ....... their own conscious/nurtured decision(s) not to admit to their opponent or advarsary that they actually learned something new.

Thus, in actuality, ...... unless one is Learning Disabled, ...... it has absolutely nothing to do with one's inability "to learn", ............ but everything to do with their "nurtured reasons" for refusing to learn/admitting to learning.

So Aaron, maybe you should be asking yourself .... "Why is it I honestly could care less if Sam disagrees with me or not?"

lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:01 am

If I'm wrong on Palin Sam then why don't you explain why it is that only 1 in 10 Republicans rank her as their choice as President?

If you can.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:48 am

You can tell me to butt out of this discussion and I will, but I sometimes wonder if we really have a true picture of either Sarah Palin or Michelle (whose last name escapes me right now). We see what the media wants us to see. We also see what their handlers want us to see. I just wonder who much of what we see is for consumption by the general public based on what polls think most of the public wants and how much is their true selves.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:57 am

I think if you do your research of either, you can find out enough Cato. I've read up on Palin and had she not quit on Alaska solely to cash in and then hi-jacked the TEA Party movement, I would likely support her as she did some remarkable things before she quit on Alaska to cash in.

As for Bachman, her life in politics began by protesting mandatory school testing and other educational issues and she has been an ardent supporter of the right to life movement. Sounds familiar, huh.

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:45 am

Aaron wrote:If I'm wrong on Palin Sam then why don't you explain why it is that only 1 in 10 Republicans rank her as their choice as President?

If you can.

Elementary my dear clueless one, ....... because 9 in 10 Republicans are at work working their asses off to make a living .......... and Pollsters don't call people at work ...... and hard working people don't have the time or inclination to "talk to Pollsters" after they get home from a hard day at work.

Troughfeeders and dueless lazy arses have plenty of time and energy to "talk to Pollsters" ....... and they luv doing it because it makes them feel important and that they are contributing something to insure n' preserve their status quo.

Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 197570 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 197570 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 197570 Elites Way Off on Palin Electability 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:53 pm

Survey Methods
Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted March 18-22, 2011, on the Gallup Daily tracking survey, with a random sample of 1,082 Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia, selected using random-digit-dial sampling.

For results based on the total sample of Republicans, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on landline telephones and cellular phones, with interviews conducted in Spanish for respondents who are primarily Spanish-speaking. Each daily sample includes a minimum quota of 200 cell phone respondents and 800 landline respondents, with additional minimum quotas among landline respondents for gender within region. Landline respondents are chosen at random within each household on the basis of which member had the most recent birthday.

Samples are weighted by gender, age, race, Hispanic ethnicity, education, region, adults in the household, cell phone-only status, cell phone-mostly status, and phone lines. Demographic weighting targets are based on the March 2010 Current Population Survey figures for the aged 18 and older non-institutionalized population living in U.S. telephone households. All reported margins of sampling error include the computed design effects for weighting and sample design.

In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

View methodology, full question results, and trend data.

For more details on Gallup's polling methodology, visit www.gallup.com.

Sorry Sammy, your excuse isn't holding water. Try again.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Aaron wrote:I think if you do your research of either, you can find out enough Cato. I've read up on Palin and had she not quit on Alaska solely to cash in and then hi-jacked the TEA Party movement, I would likely support her as she did some remarkable things before she quit on Alaska to cash in.

Truthfully, I don't blame her for going where the money is. She saw the oppertunity and took it, more power to her. I do agree however, she does say somethings that are over the top, but she also says somethings that make a lot of sence and that I agree with. I certainly don't agree with her 100% of the time, but I'm not willing to to diss her because I don't agree with everything she says.

Aaron wrote:As for Bachman, her life in politics began by protesting mandatory school testing and other educational issues and she has been an ardent supporter of the right to life movement. Sounds familiar, huh.

I looked her up on Wikipedia after I read your post. I realize that isn't doing a pile of research on the lady, however she also says things I agree with. While I'm not certain what to make of her stance on education, at least on testing anyways, I do agree with her pro-life stance. I also agree with her stance on climate change and energy.

This is just my opinion, but there is nobody out there that is perfect and is going to suit all of us. Sometimes I think we tend to throw the baby out with the bath water in our political dealings. I'm guilty of this, but someone says something that we dont' agree with and we completely turn on them. I think we are making a mistake in doing that.

Let me give you and example. Ron Paul really peeves me off over his earmarks, but come push to shove, I would support the man over most republicans and all democrats. It is like Ronald Reagan. As much as I hated his spending, I loved his optimism and his belief in this nation and it's people. In fact, I believe his optimism was the best thing that happened in the 1980s.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next