WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief.

4 posters

Go down

Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief. Empty Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief.

Post by SamCogar Wed May 25, 2011 9:33 am

Amazonian tribe has no calendar and no concept of time

The Amondawa people who live deep in the Amazonian rainforests of Brazil have no watches or calendars and live their lives to the patterns of day and night and the rainy and dry seasons.

They also have no age – and mark the transition from childhood to adulthood to old age by changing their name

Only discovered in 1986, the Amondawa, about 150 strong, continue their traditional way of life, hunting, fishing and farming.

They also have their own language which have a number system but it only goes up to four.

Prof Sinha and his team, including a linguist and anthropologist, spent eight weeks with the Amondawa researching how their language conveys concepts like "next week" or "last year".

There were no words for such concepts, only divisions of day and night and rainy and dry seasons.

They also found nobody in the community had an age.

Instead, they change their names to reflect their life-stage and position within their society.

A little child will give up their name to a newborn sibling and take on a new one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8526287/Amazonian-tribe-has-no-calendar-and-no-concept-of-time.html

Wow, what a great society to be part of.

No need of a Religious belief ...... or any need of a Preacher, Minister, therapist, psychiatrist or psychologist.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief. Empty Re: Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief.

Post by Stephanie Wed May 25, 2011 10:32 am

What a pity all those "researchers" won't just let them be.

Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief. Empty Re: Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief.

Post by Keli Wed May 25, 2011 12:41 pm

[quote="SamCogar"]

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8526287/Amazonian-tribe-has-no-calendar-and-no-concept-of-time.html [/color]

Wow, what a great society to be part of.

No need of a Religious belief ...... or any need of a Preacher, Minister, therapist, psychiatrist or psychologist.

Sam,
If you would like to go and live among them, then I feel that God would have me give $500 toward your airfare.

Keli
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed May 25, 2011 2:19 pm

I was just told at the foot of the cross to share $100.00 with my new found foot at the crosser.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 pm

Keli wrote:Sam,
If you would like to go and live among them, then I feel that God would have me give $500 toward your airfare.

Keli

WOW, your knuckles musta turned white when keying in the above.

TH, it is as rare as hen's teeth when a Preacher tells anyone that "they feel that God would have them give someone $500".

99% of the time it is the Preacher telling someone that "I feel that God wants you to give me $500".

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Wed May 25, 2011 3:15 pm

SamCogar wrote:

Keli

WOW, your knuckles musta turned white when keying in the above.

TH, it is as rare as hen's teeth when a Preacher tells anyone that "they feel that God would have them give someone $500".

99% of the time it is the Preacher telling someone that "I feel that God wants you to give me $500".

Sam,
It is a scientific fact that not all preachers are money mooching charlatans.

Keli
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 am

It is a scientific fact that not all preachers are money mooching charlatans.

Keli

I know that, TH, my grandfather on my mother's side was a Baptist Preacher and also a frugile farmer but not a mooching charlatans as far as I know.

So now tell me, ...... what did or is your God going to do with all those jungle people after each one died/dies?

TH, I hope you are not going to claim ....... "Ignorance of Biblical Law is no excuse".

Are you?????????????????????????????

Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief. 164787 Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief. 164787 Absolutely no need of or for a Religious belief. 164787

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down