WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer

2 posters

Go down

School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer Empty School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:01 pm

School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer: Parents Who Don't Volunteer Would Face $100 Fine
http://www.local6.com/ ^ | April 2, 2008

The bill would require all parents to volunteer 13 hours each school year, either in the lunchroom, chaperoning field trips, or wherever the district needs help.

-snip

The bill's incentive is a $100 fine for parents who don't fulfill the requirement.

-snip

According to the bill, if a parent doesn't fulfill the requirement and refuses to pay the fine, the money would be taken out of the parent's state tax refund.

House Bill 519 is sponsored by Sandra Williams (D-Cleveland) from District 11.

(Excerpt) Read more at local6.com ...
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer Empty Re: School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer

Post by Aaron Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:04 pm

I'll do 13 hours in a week. Does that mean I get paid?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer Empty Re: School Bill Would Force Parents To Volunteer

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:10 pm

Aaron wrote:I'll do 13 hours in a week. Does that mean I get paid?

Would you want just any parent chaperoning your child? John Wayne Gacy? Charles Manson? Obama bin Laden?
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:01 am

Armon Ayers wrote:
Aaron wrote:I'll do 13 hours in a week. Does that mean I get paid?

Would you want just any parent chaperoning your child? John Wayne Gacy? Charles Manson? Obama bin Laden?

I've been volunteering for 15+ years. It's been my observation that mass murders and serial killers don't interact very will with rowdy children.

I suspect though that what the author of this bill KNOWS is that the vast majority of parents would just as soon write a check then volunteer so he's this is just another tax scheme.

I sat on a midget league football board. We imposed a 'fine' for those who didn't want to work in the concession stand. 3 out of 4 parents would bring us a check on game day so the board members ended up working all the games.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down