WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Deluge Day!!!

3 posters

Go down

Happy Deluge Day!!! Empty Happy Deluge Day!!!

Post by bmd Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:12 am

The seventh of December is not only "Pearl Harbor Day", but also, according to James Ussher, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland, the anniversary of the start of Noah's flood. Ussher set the exact date as Sunday, 07 December, 2349 BCE. Of course, he based this date on his interpretation of the biblical chronology (counting all the begats, etc.). One wonders what date he would have come up with had he used the original* version of the flood myth, the Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh. Ya' see, as it turns out, the biblical version of the flood myth is just a bad translation of this epic poem; and we have examples of this poem dating back to even before 2349 BCE. Imagine that, a poem that predates the supposed event! Them ancients, they were a clever bunch.

Anyway, Happy Deluge Day to all you Christians out there. If you drowned at the office, you need not drown at home.

* - Unless its all based on even older Chinese legends
bmd
bmd

Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2008-10-11

http://www.venganza.org/

Back to top Go down

Happy Deluge Day!!! Empty Re: Happy Deluge Day!!!

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:37 am

bmd wrote:The seventh of December is not only "Pearl Harbor Day", but also, according to James Ussher, Archbishop of Armagh and Primate of All Ireland, the anniversary of the start of Noah's flood. Ussher set the exact date as Sunday, 07 December, 2349 BCE. Of course, he based this date on his interpretation of the biblical chronology (counting all the begats, etc.). One wonders what date he would have come up with had he used the original* version of the flood myth, the Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh. Ya' see, as it turns out, the biblical version of the flood myth is just a bad translation of this epic poem; and we have examples of this poem dating back to even before 2349 BCE. Imagine that, a poem that predates the supposed event! Them ancients, they were a clever bunch.

Anyway, Happy Deluge Day to all you Christians out there. If you drowned at the office, you need not drown at home.

* - Unless its all based on even older Chinese legends

Fred, comments or calculations about the Bible are not inspired or infallible any more than the comments by scientists of old who taught a flat Earth or Earth-centered cosmos.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Who's Fred?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:15 am

BTW, the geo-centric universe held sway for so long because, hold on to your bloomers, the CHURCH insisted that it was so. Once scientists started looking at such things, they realized that it was no more factual than the rest of the Abrahamic myth. It was (got a tight hold on them bloomers?) the CHURCH that wouldn't even let Galileo off the hook, for rejecting geocentrism, until 350 years after he died.

As for the flat earth nonsense, scientists rejected that even earlier. The ancient Greeks knew that the earth was spherical. Eratosthenes even calculated the earth's diameter (to within about 1% of the value determined via modern methods) about 240 BCE.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Ich bin Ala-awkbarph Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:17 am

[quote="bmd"]Who's Fred?[/quote]

You are a Fred Phelps because you use obnoxious, hateful means to promote your view. He uses funerals. You use Christ, Fred.
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph
Ich bin Ala-awkbarph

Number of posts : 2310
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:16 am

Astronomers still talk about Hipparchus' star catalog, the earliest known compendium of the night sky.

Hipparchus, who lived in Greece during the second century B.C., was perhaps the world's first great astronomer.

He calculated, within six and a half minutes, the length of a year. He figured out that Earth's axis wobbles as it spins. For his star catalog, completed in 129 B.C., he devised a coordinate system to plot each star's location and a scale to rank the brightness. Astronomers still use this magnitude scale today.

It is not a sin to be ignorant, ...... but it is a sin against humanity to willfully remain ignorant ....... or to force you subjects to live in ignorance.

Now what kind of a good and just God would permit that to happen?

And the answer is, ....... there is none.

Only a cruel and unjust God would create a race of men just to observe them fighting, killing, murdering and treating each other badly.

The God of the Bible should be renamed Nero ....... because Nero sure enjoyed sitting at his seat in the Colliseum observing such dastardly deeds being committed there in on the "killing stage".

And there ain't no Christian that can come up with an EXCUSE to justify such actions.

Happy Deluge Day!!! 49761 Happy Deluge Day!!! 49761 Happy Deluge Day!!! 49761 Happy Deluge Day!!! 49761 Happy Deluge Day!!! 49761 Happy Deluge Day!!! 49761 Happy Deluge Day!!! 49761

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Armon Ayers wrote:
bmd wrote:Who's Fred?

You are a Fred Phelps because you use obnoxious, hateful means to promote your view. He uses funerals. You use Christ, Fred.

Carefully take a look at what you wrote, preacher. It looks to me as though it applies more to your behavior than mine.

BTW, I don't recall that you ever addressed whether Jesus was human or not, OR the genetic identity of Homo and Pan. You simply resorted to hateful, obnoxious, and oxymoronic, rhetoric.
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by bmd Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:39 am

bmd wrote:
Armon Ayers wrote:
bmd wrote:Who's Fred?

Carefully take a look at what you wrote, preacher. It looks to me as though it applies more to your behavior than mine.

BTW, I don't recall that you ever addressed whether Jesus was human or not, OR the genetic identity of Homo and Pan. You simply resorted to hateful, obnoxious, and oxymoronic, rhetoric.

Hey, Preacher!!!

Did you ever get around to addressing these queries?
bmd
bmd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down