WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non-partisan

+3
TerryRC
Aaron
ohio county
7 posters

Go down

Non-partisan Empty Non-partisan

Post by ohio county Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080125/ap_on_re_us/detroit_mayor_14

Mayor Kwame Kirkpatrick may be in big trouble. Is the mayor's job non-partisan? I'm only asking because the Associated Press fails to mention his partisan affiliation. Is it not important? Is it not germane?
ohio county
ohio county

Number of posts : 3207
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Non-partisan Empty Re: Non-partisan

Post by Aaron Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:33 am

I kind of get the feeling that this man is a democrat and if he were a Republican, the lead would have been "Republican Mayor..."
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:35 am

Best I can tell, he is a Democrat, which is what I would have guessed.

He is pretty young to be a Mayor of a big city and his term has been filled with controversy.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:43 am

I cannot imagine a more thankless job. I went to Detroit for a family gathering maybe fifteen years ago. It looked like I imagine Beirut to look - burned out buildings on every block and people milling around on the street corners. Nasty town.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:13 am

I used to go to Detroit twice a week years ago when I delivered motor parts. I haven't been in 10 years. I don't intend on going back. I was offered a position at one of our locations there a few years back that would have increased my salary by about 25%. I turned it down without hesitation.

Incidentally, that's also where my current union feelings derive from.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:45 am

What are your current feelings about unions?

Also, here's another one of those non-partisan stories.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/25/us/25censure.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Oh, wait...they put his party in the first line. My bad.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 am

Just judging from the name I would have figured he was a Democrat.

Plus the object of affection was the opposite sex.... Basketball

shermangeneral

Number of posts : 1347
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:44 am

What a pleasant rejoinder. Do you really hate all republicans so much that you would paint us all with your broad brush? Also, I think you forgot to add the plethora of photobucket graphics.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:38 am

ohio county wrote:What are your current feelings about unions?

They no longer look out for the working man, they ensure vast amounts of people who don't want to work get a paycheck.

There time has come and passed and they do more harm then good.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:41 am

shermangeneral wrote:Plus the object of affection was the opposite sex.... Basketball

I think you're confused again Sherm. Homosexuals are overwhelmingly democrats.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:45 am

ohio county wrote:What a pleasant rejoinder. Do you really hate all republicans so much that you would paint us all with your broad brush? Also, I think you forgot to add the plethora of photobucket graphics.

I was making a little joke oc.

that is why I added the little guy with the basketball to give a clue I was just engaging in banter.

But you have to admit...well nevermind. enuf said. silent

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:52 am

I'll admit that when a Republican is exposed as participating in egregious behavior, they are ostracized and removed from office. Will you admit when a Democrat is caught engaged in similar behavior there is cover-up and rallying of the troops?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:20 am

Stephanie wrote:I'll admit that when a Republican is exposed as participating in egregious behavior, they are ostracized and removed from office. Will you admit when a Democrat is caught engaged in similar behavior there is cover-up and rallying of the troops?

Why sure will.

And you won't read this story in the Gazette.

And as usual Fox is the one that "keeps one informed" as to what is happening.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by shermangeneral Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:57 pm

Stephanie wrote:I'll admit that when a Republican is exposed as participating in egregious behavior, they are ostracized and removed from office. Will you admit when a Democrat is caught engaged in similar behavior there is cover-up and rallying of the troops?

Well I guess you are right about that Steph.

btw what is old Larry Craig doing these days.? I havent heard much lately.

Him and Foley and the other guy from Florida, and the guy from Louisiana, etc.

I know it seems like I am picking on republicans, but lately it seems like they are the ones getting caught.

shermangeneral

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:39 am

Stephanie wrote:
I'll admit that when a Republican is exposed as participating in egregious behavior, they are ostracized and removed from office. Will you admit when a Democrat is caught engaged in similar behavior there is cover-up and rallying of the troops?

As you can see from the above post, ...... there is also diversion, distraction and deceptive "reminders" of the "faults of Republicans" in attempts to make the really bad Democrats ....... not to appear really bad at all.

But the media has been calling it right this time by referring to .........

Congressman William Jefferson - Democrat.

as "probably the most corrupt politician ever in Congress".

geek geek geek

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:14 pm

But that's because they've painted themselves as the "good guys..honest...as Christian as the day is long, and if you elect me to office I'll drive the liberals with their homosexual agenda out of here".

Usually spoken by a self-loathing homosexual Repugnican.

Democrats can freely admit that they enjoy sex without being hypocrites! Smile

SFCraig

Number of posts : 377
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ohio county Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:44 am

Democrats can freely admit that they enjoy sex without being hypocrites!

Thank you for pointing out the standard rejoinder. Please be aware, however, that it has nothing to do with the question it purports to answer.
ohio county
ohio county

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:45 am

I think the rejoinder doesn't answer your Detroit question, but it does answer Stephanie's. If Gavin Newsome turned out to be gay it wouldn't hurt him a bit; But the GOP would eat their own if say, Mitch did:

http://wonkette.com/politics/mitch-mcconnell/your-monthly-unsubstantiated-republican-outing-248055.php

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:57 am

SFCraig wrote:I think the rejoinder doesn't answer your Detroit question, but it does answer Stephanie's. If Gavin Newsome turned out to be gay it wouldn't hurt him a bit; But the GOP would eat their own if say, Mitch did:

http://wonkette.com/politics/mitch-mcconnell/your-monthly-unsubstantiated-republican-outing-248055.php

You're wrong about that. It isn't about a person's sexuality. I've been a Republican nearly all of my adult life and not only don't I care about a person's sexuality, most of the Pubbies I know don't give a hoot either.

It's about lying, cheating, deceiving. It's about integrity. When a man takes a wife and screws around on her, with men or other women, that indicates a serious charachter flaw to me.

This isn't just about sex either. Jefferson and his "cold cash". Where's the outrage of the Democrats? Where's the outrage from the liberal media?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SFCraig Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:16 am

There is no "liberal media"; even the inventors of that canard admit they made it up.

Jefferson's cold cash, Cheney's Halliburton war profiteering, the public doesn't care about money scandals...they care about sex scandals. Americans are dumb, and this sword falls heavier on those "family values" candidates.

Gary Condit wagged his finger about Bill's affair....then promptly was forced to admit his own.

As did Gingrich, Livingston, ...heck even Wide-Stanced Larry Craig ran a homophobic campaign.

If Repugnicans didn't care about sex, why did they pressure these hypocrites to step down?

SFCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:30 am

SFCraig wrote:There is no "liberal media"; even the inventors of that canard admit they made it up.

Jefferson's cold cash, Cheney's Halliburton war profiteering, the public doesn't care about money scandals...they care about sex scandals. Americans are dumb, and this sword falls heavier on those "family values" candidates.

Gary Condit wagged his finger about Bill's affair....then promptly was forced to admit his own.

As did Gingrich, Livingston, ...heck even Wide-Stanced Larry Craig ran a homophobic campaign.

If Repugnicans didn't care about sex, why did they pressure these hypocrites to step down?

First of all, it appears to me the one fixated on sex is you.

Secondly, I didn't say Republicans don't care about sex, I said most don't care about sexuality. In part the hypocrites you mention were pressured to resign because of their hypocrisy. There is also the fact that they are cheating on their spouse.

Perhaps rank and file Democrats just don't take their wedding vows as seriously as rank and file Republicans. I think that could be it. We have all been told so many times we shouldn't care who Bill sleeps with and what he does with his interns by liberals that I can't help but think there is something to that statement.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down