WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

80 Years of Control by Democrats Has Resulted In....

4 posters

Go down

80 Years of Control by Democrats Has Resulted In.... Empty 80 Years of Control by Democrats Has Resulted In....

Post by Stephanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:27 am

This

I can hardly wait to see the liberal spin.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556
Registration date : 2007-12-28

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

80 Years of Control by Democrats Has Resulted In.... Empty Re: 80 Years of Control by Democrats Has Resulted In....

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:43 am

Another factor in West Virginia's low level of entrepreneurial activity might its high level of taxation. According to the SBEC's index, West Virginia is in the top 20 percent of states based on how high their corporate income and corporate capital gains tax rates are, and in the top 50 percent for individual income and capital gains tax rates.

Not according to Ziggy. I remember a rant of his months back in which he touted how business friendly West Virginia was.

Oh, how I wish this site had a good serch engine.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

80 Years of Control by Democrats Has Resulted In.... Empty Re: 80 Years of Control by Democrats Has Resulted In....

Post by SamCogar Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:17 am

Shermmy will surely claim that was nothing but "sour grapes" Republican propaganda .......... and nothing in it is true.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:35 am

I'd be willing to lay a 20 spot that none of them's got the gonads to even post on this thread, least yet try to spin what we've all known to be the truth for years.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:39 am

HA, you had better be careful.

Whenever it involves .... money, women, principles, honesty, etc., ........ money wins out every time.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Aaron wrote:
Another factor in West Virginia's low level of entrepreneurial activity might its high level of taxation. According to the SBEC's index, West Virginia is in the top 20 percent of states based on how high their corporate income and corporate capital gains tax rates are, and in the top 50 percent for individual income and capital gains tax rates.

Not according to Ziggy. I remember a rant of his months back in which he touted how business friendly West Virginia was.

Oh, how I wish this site had a good serch engine.

West Virginia is very friendly- both geologically and politically- to certain kinds of industries.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:06 pm

Prove it.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:44 pm

Do you deny that West Virginia has perhaps the most robust coal economy, and one of the higher forest products economies in the nation?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Ziggy,

I'm sure if there were diamonds here they'd be mining those too. They mine coal and timber here only because WV has a lot of coal and plenty of trees.

However every other industry finds West Virginia inhospitable. From banking to manufacturing to pharmaceuticals industry looks elsewhere to set up shop because other states have made themselves more attractive than West Virginia, in most cases much more attractive.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:45 pm

They mine coal here because the coal is here, not in Arkansas or New Mexico or whatever state has better business climates, which would be ALL of them according to this survey. Same thing with the trees.

Now just because they've bought and paid for democrats for 80 years doesn't mean they have a better business climate, it means crooked West Virginia democrats have allowed them to rape this state for 80 years for a lower personal gain then for the higher business taxes they would be paying if we had honest politicians.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:24 pm

Ziggy wrote:
West Virginia is very friendly- both geologically and politically- to certain kinds of industries.

Stephanie wrote:
I'm sure if there were diamonds here they'd be mining those too. They mine coal and timber here only because WV has a lot of coal and plenty of trees.

Aaron wrote:They mine coal here because the coal is here, not in Arkansas or New Mexico or whatever state has better business climates, which would be ALL of them according to this survey. Same thing with the trees.

Now just because they've bought and paid for democrats for 80 years doesn't mean they have a better business climate, it means crooked West Virginia democrats have allowed them to rape this state for 80 years for a lower personal gain then for the higher business taxes they would be paying if we had honest politicians.

Both of you are saying the the same thing as I said- just using a few more words.

I am reminded of when Cleve Benedict was running for governor in 1992. He said something like that if WV did not become more "business friendly", that the coal and timber companies were going to take their coal and their timber and "make progress" somewhere else. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:34 pm

No, in your rant months ago, you said WV was business friendly to all industry and used coal industry as an example.

I'm saying you are wrong and our coal industry is here IN SPITE of how unfriendly our state is to businesses.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:59 pm

No, in your rant months ago, you said WV was business friendly to all industry and used coal industry as an example.

To all industry?

No. I do not usually write in such absolutist terms. You are hallucinating, again.

But to the coal industry? Yes, to a fault.

Last edited by ziggy on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:23 pm

So back up that statement. Show us how the coal industry is the recipient of benefits other businesses, which operate in the worst state for businesses, do not.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:31 pm

Ziggy,

You're not addressing the problem. I know you share my disdain of MTR. My husband grew up by the Gauley River. I wish he were home to tell me the name of that mountain. Across the river from his family's property is a mountain that was clear cut a few years ago. It's a heartbreaking sight they created.

That's the kind of industry West Virginia has and will continue to have until the state is able to attract alternatives. Instead of attracting business to this state it seems to me WV officials are working really hard to keep them away.

I consider that a major problem. You should too.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:38 pm

Aaron wrote:So back up that statement. Show us how the coal industry is the recipient of benefits other businesses, which operate in the worst state for businesses, do not.

You said it as well as I can yourself:

Aaron wrote:They mine coal here because the coal is here, not in Arkansas or New Mexico or whatever state has better business climates, which would be ALL of them according to this survey. Same thing with the trees.

ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:44 pm

No, you insinuate they are under a different set of rules and laws while I contend they're subject to the same rules and laws of every other business, they’re just not held accountable by your democratic government.

As it's your contention they are held to different set of standards, it's your responsibility to show that difference.

Get to hopping Skippy!!!
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Stephanie wrote:Ziggy,

You're not addressing the problem. I know you share my disdain of MTR. My husband grew up by the Gauley River. I wish he were home to tell me the name of that mountain. Across the river from his family's property is a mountain that was clear cut a few years ago. It's a heartbreaking sight they created.

That's the kind of industry West Virginia has and will continue to have until the state is able to attract alternatives. Instead of attracting business to this state it seems to me WV officials are working really hard to keep them away.

I consider that a major problem. You should too.

Stephanie, the people who put out these negative "business climate" reports represent businesses who are already here- particularly the WV Chamber of Commerce. I believe that their objective is to deliberately discourage new business competitors from locating in West Virginia. They control the politics and the economy. That is the way they want it. And so all the gloom and doom is deliberately designed to cast West Virginia in a negative light to discourage new potentially competing business and industry, in my opinion. The WV C of C don't want no state government but that which they can control- and they already have that. All the rest is fluff words- again, in my opinion.

But if you have specific policy issues to suggest or discuss, I am open to it. Aside from my strong thoughts about coal and control of WV politics by the coal industry and by the other largest WV Chamber of Commerce related industries, I am open to whatever specifics you have to offer or discuss.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Aaron wrote:No, you insinuate they are under a different set of rules and laws while I contend they're subject to the same rules and laws of every other business, they’re just not held accountable by your democratic government.

As it's your contention they are held to different set of standards, it's your responsibility to show that difference.

Get to hopping Skippy!!!

Red herring, again. You are trying to put words in my mouth, but which are not my words.

I have said that coal gets a mostly free pass- and you seem to agree.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:40 pm

Yes, I think there is some truth to that. And that goes back to that power and politics game which the coal industry manages quite well for itself. The coal industry and its political minions from the governor on down do not want to majorly upset the balance of political and economic power, lest the power shift to others not so tolerant of the forever corrupting coal barons.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:01 am

Stephanie, I imagine those mountains have been "clear cut" 2 or 3 times over the past 150+- years.

I remember a picture my mom had that was taken somewhere in Webster County, probably in the 1920's, and showed 7 loggers or tree cutters that took a break from their work to have their picture taken.

They had apparently just finished cutting the "notch" in the base of a big tree they were cutting and ......... all 7 were sitting side-by-side in that notch.

Now it took a long cross-cut saw to cut those trees down, .... 10' to 12' long at least.

cheers cheers

One time, probably in the mid to late 1980's, I was bringing my dad back from Clarksburg down I-79 and as we were travelling somewhere between Burnsville and Sutton he was looking out all around and said to me, ..... "Ya know, at one time there was not a stick of wood growing on any of these hills but there sure was a lot of cattle and sheep. A man couldn't raise a family by growing trees."

cheers

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down