WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palin's future?

+5
SamCogar
Stephanie
SheikBen
sodbuster
bmd
9 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Palin's future? - Page 6 Empty Re: Palin's future?

Post by ziggy Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:56 am

From the Wiki page:

Proponents say the Contract was revolutionary in its commitment to offering specific legislation for a vote ..........................

Oh yes, that was what it was about- anything and everything for a vote.

Last edited by ziggy on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:57 am

So if it wasn't the religious right that allowed Bush to defeat both Gore and Kerry, teach us ole wise one, what faction was it?
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:00 am

So if it wasn't the religious right that allowed Bush to defeat both Gore and Kerry, teach us ole wise one, what faction was it?

I never said it was any particular faction. I just asked for some verification of your claim that the religious right is so powerful.

Still waiting.

If the religious right is so powerful, why is McCain in such trouble?

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:01 am

I don't think Palin's stupid. We're she, I doubt she'd be a candiate for VP of a major political party or the governor of Alaska.

Why do I have this feeling that were she 25 five years older, and looked 25 years less "hot", that you'd not be defending her so?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:06 am

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:
We're discussing government ran programs.

Compared to what?

I'm not doing a comparison here. I say they're all full of fraud, waste and mismanagement, are not effective and are a huge waste on taxpayers and I've challenged you to show me one government ran program that isn't.

Again, compared to what? What human enterprises do not include lesser or greater degrees of fraud, waste, mismanagement and ineffectiveness? They are the American way.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:07 am

TerryRC wrote:So if it wasn't the religious right that allowed Bush to defeat both Gore and Kerry, teach us ole wise one, what faction was it?

I never said it was any particular faction. I just asked for some verification of your claim that the religious right is so powerful.

Still waiting.

The religious right has never supported McCain. She's only made them luke warm.

And you can wait. My reports are more important them me proving what we both know is a simple fact but feel free to disprove it if you can.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:08 am

ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:
We're discussing government ran programs.

Compared to what?

I'm not doing a comparison here. I say they're all full of fraud, waste and mismanagement, are not effective and are a huge waste on taxpayers and I've challenged you to show me one government ran program that isn't.

Again, compared to what? What human enterprises do not include lesser or greater degrees of fraud, waste, mismanagement and ineffectiveness? They are the American way.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:26 am

And you can wait. My reports are more important them me proving what we both know is a simple fact but feel free to disprove it if you can.

Ah, the old argumentum ad populum.

Aaron, you believe the religious right to have power because they TELL you they have power.

Are you saying that, because McCain only makes them lukewarm, they are going to forgo that power and let that muslim half-breed win the election?

Make some sense, man.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:52 pm

TerryRC wrote:So if it wasn't the religious right that allowed Bush to defeat both Gore and Kerry, teach us ole wise one, what faction was it?

Still waiting.

In large part because the religious right doesn't trust him.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:53 pm

In large part because the religious right doesn't trust him.

Less than they trust Obama?

I'm not buying it.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:55 pm

ziggy wrote:
I don't think Palin's stupid. We're she, I doubt she'd be a candiate for VP of a major political party or the governor of Alaska.

Why do I have this feeling that were she 25 five years older, and looked 25 years less "hot", that you'd not be defending her so?

I dunno about that, Ziggy.

He kept calling Hillary hot (making me want to puke). I don't think it's just because she's beautiful. Can't we just call her beautiful? OMG I can't believe we are the same age. I really should stop baking and take up aerobics.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:07 pm

If it ain't got a pecker, Aaron think she's hot. I hope I'm never so hard up ...........................

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:09 pm

TerryRC wrote:In large part because the religious right doesn't trust him.

I'm not buying it.

Granted, I'm not part of the religious right. I'm just conservative. However, I'm not voting for him because I don't trust him. I don't trust him on abortion, I don't trust him on immigration, I don't trust him on many issues important to most conservatives. I'm not alone.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Granted, I'm not part of the religious right. I'm just conservative. However, I'm not voting for him because I don't trust him. I don't trust him on abortion, I don't trust him on immigration, I don't trust him on many issues important to most conservatives. I'm not alone.

No, you are not.

You are missing my point. If the religious right is so powerful, why aren't they making their presence known?

Do you think that Keli would not vote for McCain because McCain only makes him lukewarm?

I don't think so.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:18 pm

TerryRC wrote:In large part because the religious right doesn't trust him.

I'm not buying it.

I don't care what you're buying Terry. All you had to do was listen to Rush to know that they would have stayed home figuring this wasn't there year before they would have supported McCain/Leiberman and if you think otherwise, you don't know as much about politics as you think you do.

And in all honesty, I don't know that they've come out in full force behind McCain as it is. Most still don't trust him and won't spend the money to compete with the liberal left, which is coming out by the billions this election.

With the right candidate you'd see a completely different election.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:23 pm

You are missing my point. If the religious right is so powerful, why aren't they making their presence known?

Oh, I suspect that they are- in their own limited circles.

The question on election day will be did the religious right corral more votes than the not-so-religious moderates took off with.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:24 pm

ziggy wrote:If it ain't got a pecker, Aaron think she's hot. I hope I'm never so hard up ...........................

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

.............. as I was back when I was spending all my time hanging around my garage because I wouldn't have worked out my problem even if I went home early.

Palin's future? - Page 6 33948

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:25 pm

TerryRC wrote:

No, you are not.

Do you think that Keli would not vote for McCain because McCain only makes him lukewarm?

I don't think so.

McCain inspires no passion in conservatives of any stripe, Terry. I think that's what you're missing. They're not going to dig into their pockets and give to a candidate they don't trust. They aren't rushing to the polls or writing letters to editors about a candidate they don't want. Some of them will stay home, some will vote for Baldwin or Barr.

I'm still not convinced this election is in the bag for Obama. Polls are notoriously inaccurate. Look at the Democratic primary in New Hampshire. Whatever became of President Dewey?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 pm

I don't care what you're buying Terry. All you had to do was listen to Rush to know that they would have stayed home figuring this wasn't there year before they would have supported McCain/Leiberman and if you think otherwise, you don't know as much about politics as you think you do.

I listen to Rush, I just don't take him seriously. The fact that you do states volumes.

Why are moderate GOPers endorsing Obama? You don't think Lieberman might have saved McCain from that?

Whatever. I guess I have to bow to your self-stated superior knowledge of politics.

And in all honesty, I don't know that they've come out in full force behind McCain as it is. Most still don't trust him and won't spend the money to compete with the liberal left, which is coming out by the billions this election.

With the right candidate you'd see a completely different election.

So the all-powerful religious right is just going to let Obama win?

They are either not as powerful as you imply or they are foolish.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:48 pm

I don’t heed every word Rush says and I certainly don’t subscribe to his self described gifts on loan from God but I do take him serious.

And if you don't think he’s a player in both the Republican Party and in national politics, not to be taken seriously then you don’t know politics Terry.

And when you bow, you better smile boy!!! I won't settle for frowning or crying. My court MUST be happy I say. HAPPY!!! In not, off with the heads saith the king!!!

Now bow!!! And SMILE!!!

Palin's future? - Page 6 33948 Palin's future? - Page 6 33948 Palin's future? - Page 6 33948 Palin's future? - Page 6 33948

Last edited by Aaron on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:50 pm

And if you don't think he’s a player in both the Republican Party and in national politics, not to be taken seriously then you don’t know politics Terry.

He is a hypocritical douche. He called for capitol punishment of drug users and then got busted in an oxy buying scheme.

I know he is a player in national politics. It saddens me.

TerryRC

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:58 pm

TerryRC wrote:You are missing my point. If the religious right is so powerful, why aren't they making their presence known?

Well, some of 'em are tryin'.

Christian right intensifies attacks on Obama
By ERIC GORSKI and RACHEL ZOLL

AP Religion Writers

Terrorist strikes on four American cities. Russia rolling into Eastern Europe. Israel hit by a nuclear bomb. Gay marriage in every state. The end of the Boy Scouts.

All are plausible scenarios if Democrat Barack Obama is elected president, according to a new addition to the campaign conversation called "Letter from 2012 in Obama's America,'' produced by the conservative Christian group Focus on the Family Action.

The imagined look into the future is part of an escalation in rhetoric from Christian right activists who are trying to paint Obama in the worst possible terms as the campaign heads into the final stretch and polls show the Democrat ahead.

http://www.dailymail.com/News/200810240762
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6