WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Taste of Terrorism – Crudely Bitter

+3
Aaron
ziggy
SamCogar
7 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

A Taste of Terrorism – Crudely Bitter - Page 8 Empty Re: A Taste of Terrorism – Crudely Bitter

Post by ziggy Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Go have yourself a few cold buds, Sam. You deserve 'em. You've beaten up on yourself really bad lately.
ziggy
ziggy

Number of posts : 5731
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

A Taste of Terrorism – Crudely Bitter - Page 8 Empty Re: A Taste of Terrorism – Crudely Bitter

Post by Aaron Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:58 pm

ziggy wrote:
SamCogar wrote:Zig, why don't ya post another "coal dust" picture.

I don't have any at the moment. But you can take your camera and go down into MTR country and take a zillion of them just about any day, Sam.

Or you can do what the last one you posted did. Have a car speed across a dirt road and take a picture. I thought the school in the background was great proganda material btw. Very Happy
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

I don't have any at the moment. But you can take your camera and go down into MTR country and take a zillion of them just about any day, Sam.

Or you can do what the last one you posted did. Have a car speed across a dirt road and take a picture. I thought the school in the background was great proganda material btw. Very Happy

Like SamCogar, you too are full of shit.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:58 pm

ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Not according to the people I've talked to from Marsh Fork, including 1 teacher. According to them, it is your group that is full of it.

Of course there is one solution for all of those poor, poor victims of coal...

A Taste of Terrorism – Crudely Bitter - Page 8 Uhaul_logo
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:35 am

Or you can do what the last one you posted did. Have a car speed across a dirt road and take a picture. I thought the school in the background was great proganda material btw.

Take a drive from Mill Creek to Helvetia this summer. The leaves along the road are not green, they are grey. As an aside, it also took the trucks less than a year to destroy the paved road that the residents in that area waited so long for.

I've never been to Marsh Fork, but if you think that this problem does not exist, at multiple points across the state, you need to get out more.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:41 am

TerryRC wrote:Or you can do what the last one you posted did. Have a car speed across a dirt road and take a picture. I thought the school in the background was great proganda material btw.

Take a drive from Mill Creek to Helvetia this summer. The leaves along the road are not green, they are grey. As an aside, it also took the trucks less than a year to destroy the paved road that the residents in that area waited so long for.

I've never been to Marsh Fork, but if you think that this problem does not exist, at multiple points across the state, you need to get out more.

Which problem are you referring to? Dust, roads or Ziggy's gigging pond?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:04 am

Dust and roads.

Instead of sitting in your chair and screaming "propaganda", why don't you go walk the world awhile?

It does, however, take more work than being an internet tough guy.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 am

TerryRC wrote:Dust and roads.

Instead of sitting in your chair and screaming "propaganda", why don't you go walk the world awhile?

It does, however, take more work than being an internet tough guy.

I'm nothing on here that I'm not in real life and I've never claimed to be 'tough' at any point. As popeye says, I yam what I yam. But I guess when you got nothing else, resort to a personal attack. Seems I heard some lib somewhere on here crying about that at one time or another.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Roads-You have no idea what you're talking about here. I ship 200 tons of material a day and it pisses me off that I have to do that on 10 trucks while a coal company can do it on 6. Thing is, I don't blame the coal company. If I was allowed to haul 40 tons on a load, I would but the law says I can't. I blame Charleston and the weasle state employees that write the laws.

Dust-As the only decent state DEP employee I've met told me, there's 12,000 miles of unpaved roads in WV so there's going to be dust somewhere. It's a part of life. Saying that, I agree, coal temples should be covered and stock piles could be misted to reduce dust but once again, if a coal company is acting within the confines of the law, how can you blame anyone other then the weasles writing the laws.

I am in the world. The real world. Maybe you should venture out here sometime.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:21 am

TerryRC wrote:Or you can do what the last one you posted did. Have a car speed across a dirt road and take a picture. I thought the school in the background was great proganda material btw.

HA, just some more of your "government (State) accountability", ...... right?

Wasn't it your "accountable" Legislators who "upped" the weight limits permitting those "monster coal trucks" to operate on County/State roads?

Of course Ziggy will again claim:

"That's no fault of the Legislators".

"It is the fault of the crooked, thieving coal operators

for bribing the Legislators into passing that Law".

lol! lol! lol!

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:34 am

You do realize TC that only 23% of all roads in WV are scaled at 80,000 pounds and that about 60% is scaled at 60,000 or less. So why isn't the STATE DOT not enforcing current laws.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 am

Why are drivers not abiding by the current laws unless a DOT weigh crew is in sight?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:24 am

ziggy wrote:Why are drivers not abiding by the current laws unless a DOT weigh crew is in sight?

When is the DOT ever in sight?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:37 am

Like TRC says, maybe you need to venture out more.

There was a weigh crew at the junction of Rt. 2 and 62 near Millwood a couple days ago. And at the junction of Rt. 2 and 68 at Ravenswood a few days before that. But when a trucker sees a weigh crew, he CBs that info. to other truckers, and the overweight guys park until the weigh crew is gone.

So the question remainss- why do truck drivers not obey the weight laws unless a weigh crew is in sight?

That, too, iis a part of the atmosphere of lawlessness I spoke of yesterday.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:23 am

ziggy wrote:Like TRC says, maybe you need to venture out more.

There was a weigh crew at the junction of Rt. 2 and 62 near Millwood a couple days ago. And at the junction of Rt. 2 and 68 at Ravenswood a few days before that. But when a trucker sees a weigh crew, he CBs that info. to other truckers, and the overweight guys park until the weigh crew is gone.

So the question remainss- why do truck drivers not obey the weight laws unless a weigh crew is in sight?

I drove a truck for 10 years and have managed trucks for the last 10. You're not telling me anything I don't already know. I know how the system works and I know how drivers are getting around it. But the bottom line is, if the DOT would do their job, drivers wouldn't get around the system.

Those DOT crews at Rt 2 and 62 one day and at 2 and 68 a few days later operate PORTABLE scales out of the trunk of their cars. They shouldn't be setting up in one location, they shoud be mobile, which is why they're issued PORTABLE scales to begin with.

If they set up at Rt 2 and 62 and hit 4 or 5 trucks and then move, maybe out on Rt. 33 or up 68 or down on Rt. 2 and keep moving, then truckers can't get on CB's and warn others. And if they do it long enough and get rid of their lazy state employee image, they might actually start getting something besides widening their asses done.

The answer to you question is, truckers know the DOT is useless, isn't going to do much, is easy to get around and they can get away with it. They know this because the DOT is useless, isn't going to do much, is easy to get around and ALLOW truckers to get away with everything under the sun.

The only thing that will change that simple fact is for the DOT to change it.

Any more questions I can answer for you?

And for the record, I get out plenty but thanks for you concern. Very Happy
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:38 am

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

Not according to the people I've talked to from Marsh Fork, including 1 teacher. According to them, it is your group that is full of it.

So who do you seek out for that opinion? People who you know will agree with you? Or do you go through Sylvester knocking on doors doing a survey of people at random?

And maybe folks who don't know you are not being candid with you because of crap like this:

J. TODD FOSTER: Wise (County) men talk dirty to plant foe's family

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 - 12:00 AM

Larry Bush survived a combat tour in Vietnam and a dozen years mining coal underground. Then the Wise County, Va., resident and native spent 14 years as a federal mine inspector before an on-the-job injury forced his medical retirement.
Since then, Bush has spoken out against mountaintop removal and other extreme forms of surface mining. He’s also made himself a target – coal truck drivers, he said, routinely menace him on the highway.

Now, his enemies are taking aim at his family, and that’s where the 59-year-old Bush draws a bold line in the sand.

In late March, two men called the Bush home. The first left a profane message on his answering machine, and the second cursed – and worse – both his grown daughters, one the mother of his grandchildren.

Be forewarned: The messages were profane.
Thursday, 6:58 a.m. March 27: “Yes, I was going to see who your husband thinks he is, like Mr. Larry Bush telling our governor he needs to change his mind about the power plant. He also told the Board of Supervisors to resign. Is this f---ing man stupid or what?”

Two nights earlier, Bush had driven to Wytheville to attend a town hall forum hosted by Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine. Bush, quoted in this newspaper, publicly urged Kaine to stop supporting Dominion Virginia Power’s proposed $1.8 billion coal-fired power plant in Wise County.

Then came two other calls. On March 29, Bush was away when his oldest daughter, Lorri Stidham, 39, answered his telephone to a male stranger’s voice. It was a different caller.
“Hey you tree-planting bitches.”
“What?”
“Hey you tree-planting bitches.”
“Who is this?”
“If it was up your a--, you would know who it is. Where’s your old man?”
The caller repeated that last obscenity twice more before Stidham – an X-ray technician at Lonesome Pine Hospital and the mother of three children – hung up. But he called back 10 minutes later. This time, her sister, Missy Bush, 33, answered.
“I want to talk to your tree-huggin’ old man.”
“He’s not my old man; he happens to be my dad.
“Well, let me talk to your tree-huggin’, son-of-a-bitch daddy, sweetheart.”
“You are big and bad, aren’t you, calling here and won’t tell who you are. You’re some kind of a man.”
“I’ll show you big and bad. Where’s that tree-huggin’ son of a bitch?”
Just then, Larry Bush walked through the front door. Missy, a registered nurse at Lonesome Pine Hospital, handed him the phone, but the caller hung up.
Larry Bush retrieved the cell phone number from his caller ID and got the caller on the second try. They cursed each other. To this day, Bush doesn’t know who the man is.
The first caller, the one who left the message on the answering machine, never returned the family’s calls, although he did mine. More on that later. .................................

http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/opinions.apx.-content-articles-TRI-2008-04-06-0009.html .
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:55 am

Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:So the question remainss- why do truck drivers not obey the weight laws unless a weigh crew is in sight?

The answer to you question is, truckers know the DOT is useless, isn't going to do much, is easy to get around and they can get away with it. They know this because the DOT is useless, isn't going to do much, is easy to get around and ALLOW truckers to get away with everything under the sun.

The only thing that will change that simple fact is for the DOT to change it.

Any more questions I can answer for you?

But the WV Coal Association says that the coal industry and the workers therein are good citizens.

Why would "good citizens" violate the weight laws unless a weight enforcement crew is in sight?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 am

Aaron wrote:Roads-You have no idea what you're talking about here. I ship 200 tons of material a day and it pisses me off that I have to do that on 10 trucks while a coal company can do it on 6.

So since the state weigh crews are so inefficient at weight enforcement, why don't you double up and do it on six trucks instaed of 10?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:06 am

ziggy wrote:Why are drivers not abiding by the current laws unless a DOT weigh crew is in sight?

Ziggy, maybe you should first ask ...... "Why are those drivers driving a vehicle?"

Seems to me you would want to know the answer to that before you ask why they are nor driving according to Law. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:46 am

ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:Roads-You have no idea what you're talking about here. I ship 200 tons of material a day and it pisses me off that I have to do that on 10 trucks while a coal company can do it on 6.

So since the state weigh crews are so inefficient at weight enforcement, why don't you double up and do it on six trucks instaed of 10?

The company I work for is a good employer, a good neighbor and we abide by the law. I know you don't believe a multi billion dollar corporation is capable of that but it's true.

Besides, I'm smart enough to know that in the long run, any money I would save on shipping cost would be offset by maintenance, brake, tire and fuel cost. This ain't my first rodeo dude. Very Happy
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:56 am

ziggy wrote:
Aaron wrote:
ziggy wrote:

So who do you seek out for that opinion? People who you know will agree with you? Or do you go through Sylvester knocking on doors doing a survey of people at random?

Actually I started talking to people at sporting events shortly after you posted your bogus picture on the old forum last year. That has continued through last baseball season, summer ball, football, basketball and into this baseball season.

I talked to a guy from Logan last night about MTR.

Unfortunately, we got beat.

I've also talked to a few while out riding when I stop to eat lunch.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Aaron wrote:Actually I started talking to people at sporting events shortly after you posted your bogus picture on the old forum last year.

Bogus picture? So you are denying that MTR related blasting causes clouds of dust that drift across the Coal River valley?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:09 pm

I'm not denying anything. It's the source of the picture I question.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Aaron wrote:I'm not denying anything. It's the source of the picture I question.

Now you know how some of us feel about anything that comes out of the GW Bush administration.

Although you and Sam says it's because we "hate Bush" because of the 2000 election, and Sam says it's because we joined the "terrorists", we simply just don't trust the source. Usually it's just The Decider, whom God wanted to be President, doing his thing- going through his usual mendacities.
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:42 pm

Why do you believe God wanted GWB to be President?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by ziggy Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Aaron wrote:Why do you believe God wanted GWB to be President?

Well, you got me there.

Because, would you believe, GW Bush said so?
ziggy
ziggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next