WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T'was bad month for Global Warminists

+4
Aaron
shermangeneral
SheikBen
SamCogar
8 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

T'was bad month for Global Warminists - Page 5 Empty Re: T'was bad month for Global Warminists

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 3:47 pm

Aaron the info about polar bears is absolutely incorrect. Look it up for yourself. I admitted to my wrong number. His info on feeding habits is erroneous. Part of being a mature adult is being able to admit when you are wrong. Also there is another post here about Sam and women. I'll find it for you.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-05-10

Back to top Go down

T'was bad month for Global Warminists - Page 5 Empty Re: T'was bad month for Global Warminists

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Aaron see Monday May 10, 2008 at 5:55pm
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 pm

lindaredtail wrote:Aaron the info about polar bears is absolutely incorrect. Look it up for yourself. I admitted to my wrong number. His info on feeding habits is erroneous. Part of being a mature adult is being able to admit when you are wrong. Also there is another post here about Sam and women. I'll find it for you.

I think Sam's point was a common sense one. If the ice disappears and the bears can't wait at holes in the ice, then as an animal with instincts, they'll find their food source and adapt to it. They won't lay on shore and starve.

The way I see it, anyone with even a lick of common sense should be able to figure that out.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed May 14, 2008 3:59 pm

lindaredtail wrote:Aaron see Monday May 10, 2008 at 5:55pm

I don't see a post for Monday May 10 at 5:55 pm.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 4:00 pm

And Aaron. We are a nation who has had a Republican President for 8 years. Do you really think that the scientists of the U.S. Wildlife Service are partisan in the direction of the Democrats. Over the past almost 28 years twenty years have been under Republican Presidents. They are respected biologists and wildlife experts.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed May 14, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm not big on ANY government agency that depends on government funding for their very survival. IMO, that ALWAYS creates questions to their credibility.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 4:04 pm

Sorry Aaron see Monday May 10 5:55pm on " Will we be viewed as racist."
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 4:06 pm

And I'm not big on research conducted by corporations like the American Petroleum Institute. Their primary goal is protecting the profit margin not the planet.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed May 14, 2008 4:21 pm

Corporations have money to lose and they know it.

For the government, it's not about money so much as it is power.

Power corrupts and corporations that lose money don't stay in business.

If it's all the same, while I don't trust corporations, I think I'll put a little more faith in them to look out for their bottom line then I will the government.

Last edited by Aaron on Wed May 14, 2008 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 4:24 pm

Power and profit. Two of the ills of our world. Neither always does the right thing.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 4:28 pm

I also joined the WVU forum Aaron. Have you ever been on there?
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed May 14, 2008 4:28 pm

lindaredtail wrote:Power and profit. Two of the ills of our world. Neither always does the right thing.

I don't agree with that and that's one of the bigger problems I have with liberals. You guys think that if it's capitalism and corporate owned, then they are automatically out to lie, steal, cheat and do whatever they can, take any aciton, stoop to any level just to make a buck.

Seems to me thoughts like that originated somewhere.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 14, 2008 4:32 pm

lindaredtail wrote: These are some of the world's most respected wildlife experts. (the U.S. Fish and Game)

Oh and by the way I Googled Braxton County University every which way and upside down went to lists of the nation's colleges and universities and it was nowhere to be found. Did you attend the university of your own imagination?

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Linda, I see you must have added Ziggy to your list of "the world's most respected experts" ......... in that you now believe every word he writes without question. Zig will be proud of his new found admirer, I'm sure.

And GEEEZE, for someone that has traveled in WV and knows so much about the people, .......... I'm surprised you didn't already know all about Braxton County University.

Maybe you ought to tell Zig that Sam was wrong but won't admit that the word "gullible" is in the dictionary because you checked.

And Linda, you can verify that by "clicking" on this hyper link to learning something.

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Wed May 14, 2008 4:38 pm

lindaredtail wrote:I also joined the WVU forum Aaron. Have you ever been on there?

Once or twice. I didn't much care for the conversation.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Thoughts like that originate somewhere yes they do. Usually after you see them do the things that you just described. I have a belief which I doubt that you'll agree with but that is okay. How many times have you heard the terms, business is business, it's just business, businesses are in business to make money. Yes they are. But a business in itself is not a living breathing entity. Businesses are run by people. It is a rare thing that business owners go to prison. 3 months ago money was stolen from my credit card. It was stolen by a company from Utah. I went on a website for consumers and discovered that that same company had stolen from over 200 other people. Some people had been trying for over 2 years to get their money back. The amount if you figured out the numbers was millions of dollars. This was a company and not a small company. I started to contact all kinds of agencies. The Utah Attorney General, E-Commerce.gov, the FBI, the United States Attorney General. A person came on the consumer website who had been in contact with the Utah Dept. of Consumer Affairs. Supposedly in Dec. a deal had been reached with them to pay money back. In January they were stealing from people again. New cases on the website. I persisted and so did other people. I had written to the House Committee on Government Reform and asked why no legal action had been taken against the owners of this company. Were they golfing or hunting with elected officials? Didn't go down too well. They were lying to people about who the owners were. I went on a business website found out all the owners their net worth what all the office addresses were and posted all of it on the consumer website. Didn't go over too well. Now I heard from the Utah Dept. of Consumer Affairs. Discussions were underway with the company's attorneys. Due to the interstate nature of the thefts myself and someone else wanted them charged under the RICO statute. (20 years in the pen if convicted) Once again they had reached a deal. The investigator told me that the 200 on the website were "only a small fraction of the number of people they had to repay" " The company was saying it wasn't their fault." In April I got my money back. That was the 17th. On the 18th I went back on the consumer website to see how other people were doing with it. There in front of my eyes was another case of THAT COMPANY STEALING FROM SOMEONE AND IT HAD JUST HAPPENED THAT DAY! I contacted the Utah Dept of Consumer Affairs and directed them to the entry. The company had goaded the man when he called them. Didn"t sound INNOCENT to me. I heard back from the State of Utah. The investigator was a bit upset with me. He said that now the local county state and federal authorities were now investigating this company. So I had two questions which weren't answered. How could they possibly be innocent. And why this investigator (we had discovered he had been the investigator from the beginning) had not turned them over to be prosecuted before. Millions of dollars and hundreds of people. They should throw away the key. That company is an associate of and runs a program for E-Bay. One of their subsidiaries collects E-Bay's CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS. My belief is companies are run by people. So why does it seem that when it comes to making profits that they are entitled to a different set of morals and ethics from the rest of us. If that were you or I we would go to jail. And in some states that was their third offense it would be THREE STRIKES AND YOU ARE OUT.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 5:00 pm

Sam no actually I haven't added Ziggy to anything. You of course will never be on that list of respected experts. Perhaps in the world of your own imagination. What school did you attend then? Or is it the world's greatest secret myth. Oh and they just announced on the news ten minutes ago that the polar bear has been added to the ENDANGERED SPECIES LIST.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 pm

lindaredtail wrote:SamCogar Today at 7:14 am,7:45 am, and 8:12 am. You continue to show just what little comprehension that you really do have. And what you do have exists in a very large vacuum. That is an exact quote. And it is beyond your understanding. Polar bears do not ice and no one said they did. I have well aware that the subtlieties of thought excape you. These are some of the world's most respected wildlife experts. (the U.S. Fish and Game) I absolutely reject any possibility that you know better than them. As Terry stated polar bears almost exclusively hunt off the ice. So the ice is the primary source location where there food supply is.

Linda Lou, that is absolutely right, ..... right now, ..... and in the past, ...... and will continue to be for some time to come ....... AS LONG AS THE FRIGGING ICE DOESN'T MELT.

And that is what this discussion is all about, ..... all the ice melting and no refreezing. If the ice doesn't melt, nothing will change. In summer time, when the sea ice has melted, ........ the Polar Bears lay around on land scrounging for food, waiting for the sea ice to reform and the seals are out in open water a feeding and a feeding and resting on ice flows and a having babies and nursing them. To wit:

Because the polar bear rarely eats vegetation, it is considered a carnivore, or meat-eater. The ringed seal is the polar bear’s primary prey. A polar bear may stalk a seal by waiting quietly for it to emerge from its blow hole or “atluk,” an opening seals make in the ice allowing them to breathe or climb out of the water to rest.

http://www.fws.gov/species/species_accounts/bio_pola.html

The Ringed Seal

The seals give birth on ice floes or shorefast ice. Seal pups are born from mid March to early April. Gestation period is approximately 9 months. Seal pups depend on maternal care for 40 days and build up a thick layer of blubber. The ringed seals are the only pinnipeds that maintain a breathing hole in the ice thus allowing it to use ice habitat that other seals can not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringed_Seal

But if the ice melts, ....... things are going to change. The seals can't be resting on ice flows or sea ice because there won't be any. And the seals won't be having their babies and nursing them for 40+- days out on those ice flows or sea ice because THERE WON'T BE ANY F'ING SEA ICE OR ICE FLOWS OUT THERE.

Linda, is that so f'ing hard for you and Terry to comprehend? If the ice melts due to your global warming ..... it is gone, ..... it turns to water, ..... the ice ain't there no more, .... UNDERSTAND.

And the mother seal is not going to give birth out there in the water because it will die, .... drown, ...... you UNDERSTAND.

The mother will find a place to get out of the water to give birth, ..... you UNDERSTAND.

And in that the world population of the ringed seal is estimated to be 6-7 million animals, ..... that sure as hell is enough to be feeding 20,000 - 25,000 polar bears if only 10% of them seals come out on shore to rest or birth young.

lindaredtail wrote:As a person with a degree in Psychology and behavioral studies I wonder if you do understand.

OH GEEEEEZUS, ....... I should have guessed. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

lindaredtail wrote:People (except maybe you) engage in reason. Animals do not. Their lives, activities and survival depends upon them following instinctual behavior that has been how they survive for thousands of years.

Linda, you sure as hell don't engage in reason and you don't know a damn thing about animals either. Razz Razz

To engage in reason ...... one has to juggle more that one (1) thought at a time in their mind.

lol! lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 14, 2008 6:16 pm

lindaredtail wrote:Sam no actually I haven't added Ziggy to anything. You of course will never be on that list of respected experts. Perhaps in the world of your own imagination. What school did you attend then? Or is it the world's greatest secret myth.

DUH, ya didn't click that hyper link I provided you "for learning", ..... did ya.

lindaredtail wrote: Oh and they just announced on the news ten minutes ago that the polar bear has been added to the ENDANGERED SPECIES LIST.

OH SHIDT, if that's true .......... then the US economy is in big trouble.

The "lefties" will now fight .... in Court ........ anything they can associate with Global Warming ........ because warming causes the ice to melt ...... which endangers the polar bear ....... which is now illegal ...... via the Endangered Species Law.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 14, 2008 6:24 pm

And ps Linda, that last part of my above post is what ya call "reasoning" because it was the juggling of six (6) different thoughts at the same time and arriving at a "conclusion". Razz

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Wed May 14, 2008 7:34 pm

sAM SAM SAM Boy did all of that sound foolish or what? I am afraid it really really did. BOY DID IT EVER. "The primary reason for the polar bear being placed on the endangered species list (as a threatened species -and yes Sam I do know the subtleties of the process.) is DIMINISHING SEA ICE. SEA ICE IS ESSENTIAL TO THE SURVIVAL OF THE POLAR BEAR FOR HUNTING AND TRAVELING.(Katie Couric- CBS Evening News) NOT POSSIBLY DIMINISHING SEA ICE OR MAYBE DIMINISHING SEA ICE OR PROBABLY DIMINISHING SEA ICE . DIMINISHING SEA ICE. DOES YOUR GRASP OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE LEAD YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT DIMINISHING MEANS IT IS DIMINISHING RIGHT IN THE HERE AND NOW IN WHAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE REFER TO AS THE PRESENT. And if that was what you consider sound reasoning why that is a really really REALLY REALLY REALLY SCARY THOUGHT SAM. MY GOSH GOLLY GEE. So in some imaginary dream state you can think of yourself as being Secretary of the Department of the Interior and remove each species one by one.
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Thu May 15, 2008 4:16 am

lindaredtail wrote:Thoughts like that originate somewhere yes they do. Usually after you see them do the things that you just described. I have a belief which I doubt that you'll agree with but that is okay. How many times have you heard the terms, business is business, it's just business, businesses are in business to make money...

I remember who expressed the views you rant about now...

T'was bad month for Global Warminists - Page 5 Marx_samuels_collection_duke_university
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by lindaredtail Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 am

Now Aaron, Aaron, Aaron. I know that don't rant. I've seen some serious ranting on here by one very sick soul but rant that wasn't a rant. So do you believe that it is okay for a company to steal millions of dollars from hundreds of people? For the owners not to face prison? Hmmmm. Something not quite right about that point of view. But I bet my bottom dollar that you'd be the first one calling for someone to receive the death penalty (which I believe in by the way) .But a CORPORATION God forbid that they be held responsible for their illegal actions right?
lindaredtail
lindaredtail

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 5:42 am

UH, ..... UH, ...... UH ...... Terry, ..... just curious, .......

Just how in hell do these seals manage to breathe ..... since there is no ice there to have holes in it .... through which those animals MUST surface for air?

And polar bears can't get close enough to them on the beaches without the alarm being raised and the seals taking to the water.

Polar bears do most of their hunting at ice holes where they can surprise their prey.

Your snarkiness doesn't hide your ignorance.

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRC Thu May 15, 2008 5:51 am

Also, Sam, most seals birth on ice floes.

Can the polar bears adapt? Can the seals adapt?

I don't know and I am certain that you don't.

I doubt harp seals will - the infant's white fur will be a bullseye for predators. The polar bears might eat fat for the first few seal generations, but with the young being disproportionately culled...

TerryRC

Number of posts : 2762
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu May 15, 2008 6:14 am

lindaredtail wrote:Then it's I'm collecting so many references to put up here it'll take him (Sam) days to answer them all.

I will answer all you put up ........ as long as you explain your reasoning for putting them up ........... and as long as your reason isn't ........ "because that is what my experts said". Evil or Very Mad

lindaredtail wrote:But I see it this way. Sam likes to intimidate women. In other words Sam is a sexist chauvanist.

HA, the ole "sexual harassment" trick, huh? If you don't like the man, anything he says ....... defines him as a "sexist chauvinist pig", ...... RIGHT.

But if you like the man, a looking at him with "bedroom eyes", it wouldn't matter what the hell he said to you, your look would just become more amorous.

lindaredtail wrote:If he's not "proving" he's smarter than a woman then he is not happy.

It appears that you have been nurtured to believe …… that one’s ability to paraphrase, quote, cite and reference ….. the thoughts and opinions of another …….. makes one smart, ….. intelligent.

If that were the case, 80% +- of the world’s population would be classified as geniuses.

lindaredtail wrote:And he can't bear to have a woman around that he hasn't convinced that he is smarter than they are.

80% of the time one doesn’t have to convince a woman of that fact. It the convincing of them to admit to the fact that they are wrong or in error …… that is the problem. Most would rather “take poison” than admit to being in error.

And if it is pointed out they are performing a task wrong, many will continue doing it “their way” ……. because to do otherwise is to admit having been doing it wrong.

And that is why most females should never be placed in a “decision making position” and that is because they will more often than not ……. make an emotional decision rather than a logical decision. That is “their nature”, ……. their “motherly” instinct, ……. their inherited trait.

lindaredtail wrote:Well I don't put up with that. If he lives and lets live I will. But if he doesn't I won't either. Things will certainly get very interesting.

Well “DUH,”, …………… SURPRISE, ….. SURPRISE, ……… you are female with strong feminine attributes.

And thus, “not putting up with that” …. is the same as …… “not admitting you are wrong”.

And “live and let live” ….. is the same as ……. “I ain’t admitting to nothing, so forget it.”

Linda, whenever anyone REFUSES to consider alternatives, other truths, other facts or other opinions, …… then that is an “emotional decision” they are making …….. and emotional decisions are only relevant when dealing with one’s own “wants n’ needs” or the “wants n’ needs” they think are best for another person.

Thus, to make emotional decisions on or about anything other than “emotions” ….. will more often than not be …….. a bad decision. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next