WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’.

Post by SamCogar Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Stephanie wrote:Here is what he said the "Cain Plan" is:

First you pay the interest on the debt to the Chinese.
Then you take care of our military families.
Then you make Social Security payments.
Then you pay Medicare.
Everything else is fair game for cuts...blah blah blah....

But Ben Bernanke says it's too late for that Mr. Cain.

Bernanke is absolutely right. It is too late.

So the Cain plan can't work?

No, it's too late for that.

Well Steph, iffen it's too late for doing what Cain suggest ....... then why do you or anyone else give a rat's ass who gets elected or what happens next?

And just when n' why did you start agreeing with Ben Bernanke CHA (cover his ass) "words of wisdom"?

And iffen someone had ask me ..... "What about the "right of return"? ...... I would have asked them what tha F they were talking about, ....... the "right to return a purchased item to WalMart, .... or what."

What was Ron Paul's answer to that same question, ..... huh, ..... huh?

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’.

Post by Stephanie Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Sam, you didn't watch the interview and I know you have a slow connection so I'm going to ask you just to trust me for a minute here.

Mr. Cain laid out his plan...the "Cain Plan". Chris Wallace said, "Ben Bernanke said it's too late for that."

Cain replied, "Yes, it's too late for that. You see, what they have done is painted themselves into a corner. Why did they wait for this to get to the point where it is too late?"

Wallace asked him, "So the Cain plan won't work?"

Cain replied, with words to the effect the Cain plan would work but now it's too late.

WTF?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Number of posts : 6556

https://gazzfriends.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Tue May 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Keep in mind, Sammy, that the man now demanding we cut everything except military pay, SS, Medicare and interest payments on the debt was telling the rest of us how stupid we were for opposing TARP.

As I said before, WTF?????
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 pm

Stephanie wrote:Keep in mind, Sammy, that the man now demanding we cut everything except military pay, SS, Medicare and interest payments on the debt was telling the rest of us how stupid we were for opposing TARP.

As I said before, WTF?????

Steph, read again what you posted that Cain said, to wit:

First you pay the interest on the debt to the Chinese.
Then you take care of our military families.
Then you make Social Security payments.
Then you pay Medicare.
Everything else is fair game for cuts
...blah blah blah....

Cain made no such demand that you claim he made.

He was simply stating that the Feds are obligated to continue making payments on its obligated debts.

You or no one else can CUT the interest on the Chinese debt with the stroke of a pen ...... unless that stroke was on a Bank Note payable to the Chinese Government to be credited against the Principle Balance of the Loan. Iffen you don't pay the Interest the Principle keeps increasing. And iffen ya still don't pay it the Chinese will cut off all Exports to the US and then you will really be in deep shit.

And ya gotta keep paying the military personell their their salaries, and the SS'ers their checks and all those Medicare bills. All hell will break loose iffen they don't and you wouldn't like that one damn bit.

And when he said "Everything else is fair game for cuts" he meant cutting non-personell Military spending, ....... cutting waste, fraud, graft, corruption, etc. outta Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid ...... and cutting any other Government Agency or Program that needs a good "cuttin".

And thus I agree 101% with what he said. I'm not stupid and clueless, ya know.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue May 24, 2011 4:02 pm

SamCogar wrote:You or no one else can CUT the interest on the Chinese debt with the stroke of a pen ...... unless that stroke was on a Bank Note payable to the Chinese Government to be credited against the Principle Balance of the Loan. Iffen you don't pay the Interest the Principle keeps increasing. And iffen ya still don't pay it the Chinese will cut off all Exports to the US and then you will really be in deep shit.

Razz Razz Razz Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 33948 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 33948 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 33948 Razz Razz Razz

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed May 25, 2011 12:25 am

Herman Cain on His Presidential Bid; Sen. Mitch McConnell Talks Foreign Policy, Debt Reduction

THE TRANSCRIPT!!!!

WALLACE: All right. Let's drill down, that is the whole point of you being here today. Drill down on some of you views.

On the debt limit, you say: don't make a deal. Even John Boehner who says: let's cut spending at least as much, dollar for dollar, as we raise the debt limit. You say that is nothing but a stall tactic.

CAIN: Yes, it is.

WALLACE: Let's take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CAIN: Raise the debt ceiling, pay for the stuff that's critical, and then the other things are going to have to be forced mandatory cuts.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

WALLACE: So, under the Cain plan, you would pay our Chinese creditors first --

CAIN: Yes.

WALLACE: -- while substantially cutting, sharply cutting, services, programs for Americans?

CAIN: Yes. But not -- pay the debt, pay the interest on the debt first. Make sure we take care of our military and their families. Thirdly, make sure the people that are getting paid for Social Security checks that they get paid. And then, fourth, make sure that people's Medicare bills get paid.

Then, you look at everything else, and that's where you start cutting. You don't start cutting until after we take care of those things. Now --

WALLACE: That's going to mean a lot of serious cuts for people while paying we're paying the Chinese creditors first.

CAIN: Yes. If we don't pay the Chinese creditors first, the amount of interest we have to pay will go up. I am sure that there are penalties in there if we don't pay it on time.

Now, here is the corner, quite frankly, that Representative Boehner and others have painted themselves into. If you were to do those four things, you need to have done it at the beginning of this crisis, before getting this close. What has happened now is that they have allowed the timing to get so close to the end, they may not be able to do the Cain plan for the four things that I talked about. They may have allowed themselves to get in a corner where they may be forced to and I still call, they should have -- they should have seen this coming, which they did. But they didn't move fast enough.

WALLACE: But even your plan --

CAIN: Yes.

WALLACE: -- and let's say, even if they had been able to take care of this sooner, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke says that your idea, you're not the only one offered it, is too dangerous.

This is the way he put it -- "Even if the debt is paid, there's the issue of market contest and how the market would respond to risk of default or even the default on non-debt obligations."

Bernanke says it will end up just as you suggested, it will end up costing the U.S. more, even if you pay the debt, it's going to end up costing the U.S. more to borrow from other countries which will only increase the deficit. And that's going to filter down to higher interest rate, whenever you want to get a new home, buy -- got a mortgage or get a new car loan.

CAIN: He is absolutely right. But I also think raising the debt ceiling is also going to be a negative against the market confidence. They're caught between a rock and a hard place, quite frankly, now. And the reason that they got in between this rock and a hard place, they waited too long to deal with the issue. That's now compounding the problem, not helping problem.

WALLACE: Yes. But Bernanke is saying, at this point, you've got to make a deal. And you've got to make a deal and raise the debt ceiling. And if you don't and you just pay the debt off, that still going to frighten the market.

CAIN: And I would agree with him. I agree --

WALLACE: So, you just said the Cain plan is wrong.

CAIN: No, I didn't. I said that they allowed themselves to get in a hole. They allowed themselves to get between a rock and a hard place. What I said about identifying those four things and pay those first, if they had done this a year ago, anticipating this, it would have worked. He's right.

WALLACE: But is the Cain plan right or wrong now?

CAIN: The Cain plan can't work now. It cannot work now, simply because they waited too long. And this is part of the problem. They wait until a problem is at a disaster point and then go to the American people and say, we have no choice.

That's not leadership. That's not good decisions.

WHAT IS HIS PLAN?????? WTF?????
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 25, 2011 10:09 am

WHAT IS HIS PLAN?????? WTF?????
Steph, you just got thru posting .... "WHAT IS HIS PLAN?????? ".

Or, what is now, ...... "WHAT HIS PLAN WAS".

And Wallace did ask him, to wit:

WALLACE: But is the Cain plan right or wrong now?
But Wallace didn't bother asking him after all that tit-fer-tat,

What is the Cain plan now?
Which I believe is what you are actually asking ...... and there ain't no way in hell you will find out by reading that transcript.

So quit getting hysterical over nothing.

Call Wallace up and give-him-hell for not asking Cain what you wanted to know.

But don't be giving Cain hell for not answering something that he was never asked about.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed May 25, 2011 10:30 am

Sammy, Sammy, Sammy.......

Cain stated his plan. Then he said his plan won't work. In short, he has no plan other than to raise the debt ceiling which, by his own admission, is "going to be a negative against the market confidence".

Why do you think I was yelling at the television? I wasn't at that point, it wasn't until he let Cain off the hook yet again on the "right of return" issue. Hells bells, the man is running to be President of the United States, he's declaring what US foreign policy would be under a Cain presidency and he says...

WALLACE: Question: what would President Cain offer the Palestinians to make peace?

CAIN: Nothing. Because I'm not convinced that the Palestinians are really interested in peace. If the Palestinians come to the table with Israel, with a genuine offer that the two of them can sit down and negotiate, the United States would, in fact, try to facilitate that discussion.

But if we look at history, it has been clear that the Palestinians have always wanted to push Israelis and push Israel for more and more and more. I don't agree with that. I respect Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for taking a stand and saying they cannot give that up.

Secondly, it's Israel's decision, not President Obama's decision to where the borderlines ought to be.

WALLACE: Where do you stand on the right of return?

CAIN: The right of return? The right of return?

WALLACE: The Palestinian right of return.

CAIN: That is something that should be negotiated. That is something that should be negotiated.

WALLACE: Do you think the Palestinian refugees, the people who were kicked out of the land in 1948, should be able or should have any right to return to Israeli land?

CAIN: Yes. But under -- but not under Palestinian conditions. Yes. They should have a right to come back if that is a decision that Israel wants to make.
Back to -- it's up to Israel to determine the things they will accept. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made it real clear in his statement following the statement that President Obama made. They are wiling to make some concessions. They are willing to give on a lot of things. They are willing to be compassionate.

I don't think they have a big problem with people returning. The issue is there are some things that they simply do not want to give in on.

WTH, Sam. You're too intelligent to be defending that dolt.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Wed May 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Stephanie wrote:Sammy, Sammy, Sammy.......

he's declaring what US foreign policy would be under a Cain presidency and he says...

WALLACE: Question: what would President Cain offer the Palestinians to make peace?

CAIN: Nothing. Because I'm not convinced that the Palestinians are really interested in peace. If the Palestinians come to the table with Israel, with a genuine offer that the two of them can sit down and negotiate, the United States would, in fact, try to facilitate that discussion.

But if we look at history, it has been clear that the Palestinians have always wanted to push Israelis and push Israel for more and more and more. I don't agree with that. I respect Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for taking a stand and saying they cannot give that up.

Secondly, it's Israel's decision, not President Obama's decision to where the borderlines ought to be.

WALLACE: Where do you stand on the right of return?

CAIN: The right of return? The right of return?

WALLACE: The Palestinian right of return.

CAIN: That is something that should be negotiated. That is something that should be negotiated.

WALLACE: Do you think the Palestinian refugees, the people who were kicked out of the land in 1948, should be able or should have any right to return to Israeli land?

CAIN: Yes. But under -- but not under Palestinian conditions. Yes. They should have a right to come back if that is a decision that Israel wants to make.
Back to -- it's up to Israel to determine the things they will accept. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made it real clear in his statement following the statement that President Obama made. They are wiling to make some concessions. They are willing to give on a lot of things. They are willing to be compassionate.

I don't think they have a big problem with people returning. The issue is there are some things that they simply do not want to give in on.

WTH, Sam. You're too intelligent to be defending that dolt.

And I'm too intelligent to be suckered into believing all that bleedingheart tripe and piffle about the Palestinians and Muslims that you keep wanting me to believe.

Steph, I agree 201% with Cain position on the Palestinians.

And Steph, I don't have to think about it, ...... and I don't hafta be convinced of anything, ......... because I know FU--ING WELL that the Palestinians are not the least bit interested in peace with the Israelis. Those Palestinians are going to do EXACTLY what they are told to do by those Islamic fundamentalistics Imams, Mullahs and terrorist Leaders.

As far as I'm concerned they lost their right of return when they collaborated with Hitler and the Nazis against the Jews, ........ and secondly, it was them who declared a jihadish war against the Jews even before the British officially stopped their blockade of Jewish emmigrants into Palestine, ........ and thirdly, I have been watching/following those Isreali-Palestinian Peace Talks for what, 30 years or so, and there ain't been a damn thing change in the DEMANDS by the Palestinians and even when they agreed to a temporary Peace it wouldn't be 2, maybe 3 days before they started sending in more suicide bombers and/or launching rockets into Israel. They don't want peace, they don't want to improve where they live, they don't want to improve their socio-economic status, ......... all they want is MILLION$ n' MILLION$ from the US and UN and other Islamic countries, and they want all that sand governed by Shari/Islamic Law, and they want to kill everyone that doesn't abide by said Islamic Law. Israel is a "thorn" in their ass and they want it plucked out.

So Steph, ..... quit pissing on my head ...... and trying to convince me it is really only those peaceful living, loving Palestinians that are watering their flower beds of Primroses, Petunias and Peace Lilies that they want to share with their wonderful Jewish neighbors.

Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 81632 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 81632 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 81632 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 81632 lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Wed May 25, 2011 3:22 pm

Sam, Cain doesn't even have a grasp of the issues involved. Not that it matters. The Israelis will continue their genocide and few in the western world will care.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu May 26, 2011 6:12 am

Steph, the drug dealers/users in Charleston and Huntington are committing their brand of genocide, ..... do you care?

The drug gangs on the Mexican side of the US Border are committing their brand of genocide that is 1000 times greater than what is happening in the Middle East, ..... do you care?

Steph, really now, why are you so passionately concerned about what is happening 12,000+- miles from here in a foreign country with no direct connection to the US, ........... but you don't give a shit about what is happeing in your own "backyards"?

Testify, ........ young lady, ......... testify.

Stephanie, do you actually believe that all the criminals that are locked up in US prisons and jails would mend their ways and become model hard working citizens iffen the Authorities gave all of them "The right to return" to the streets and neighborhoods in the US?

affraid Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 81632 lol!

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu May 26, 2011 6:33 am

Oh, Sam.......you won't like my solution to what you're calling genocide by drug dealers in our cities and towns and drug lords in Mexico and elsewhere. Especially when my answer to that problem would result in the release of a pretty good chunk of those citizens currently incarcerated in our jails and prisons.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Thu May 26, 2011 8:16 am

Steph, the wackytobacca smokers are not the genociders.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 am

Of course not, Sam. However, a lot of those wachytobacca exporters and importers are. Besides, that isn't the only substance I'm talking about.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri May 27, 2011 5:05 am

Rivet, ...... rivet, ...... rivet, .......

SamCogar wrote:
Stephanie wrote:Keep in mind, Sammy, that the man now demanding we cut everything except military pay, SS, Medicare ...........

Steph, read again what you posted that Cain said, to wit:

Everything else is fair game for cuts...blah blah blah....

Cain made no such demand that you claim he made.

And when he (Cain) said "Everything else is fair game for cuts" he meant cutting non-personell Military spending, ....... cutting waste, fraud, graft, corruption, etc. outta Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid ...... and cutting any other Government Agency or Program that needs a good "cuttin". .

Stephanie, did or do you see anywhere or anything connected to the following cited article that needs a good "cuttin"?

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A Huntington administrative law judge was placed on leave Thursday while the Social Security Administration investigates the high number of social security applications he has granted so far this fiscal year.

In 2010, Daugherty denied just four of the 1,284 cases he decided. Administrative law judges typically only award benefits about 60 percent of the time.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201105261553

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri May 27, 2011 6:46 am

Oh wait.........Is that what he was saying? Was Herman Cain saying there is waste, fraud, graft & corruption in government and that he is going to cut it? What a novel idea! Where can I get me a Herman Cain bumper sticker? The man is a genius.

Oh wait, he says it's TOO LATE for all of that Sad

Never mind!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Fri May 27, 2011 8:55 am

You win Steph.

I now accept the realization that iffen it ain't Ron Paul saying it then it ain't worth saying.

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie Fri May 27, 2011 9:30 am

I win? I wish I'd win, Sam.

What I can't figure is why you'd support a guy who believes there is enough transparency and accountability over there at the Federal Reserve, a guy who hollered holy hell we needed TARP.

fyi.....imo there is another candidate saying a lot of things worth listening to. He's got a couple of really big pluses on his side compared to Congressman Paul.........he's younger and he's a former governor. Governors and former governors seem to have much more success at being elected POTUS. That man is Gary Johnson.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sat May 28, 2011 6:37 am

fyi.....imo there is another candidate saying a lot of things worth listening to.

That is good, ...... but due to my newly acquired "realization" I will begin paying close attention to what he says, and what others say about him, ......... and then "twist" his words and actions around on him so that I can claim, asssert, suggest, infer and/or insinuate that he is little more than an inexperienced, incompetent ass and thus unfit to be POTUS.

Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 197570 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 197570 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 197570 Ahead of the curve or ‘I told ya so’. - Page 2 197570

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2