WV Forum for News, Politics, and Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

+3
Aaron
Cato
Keli
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - Page 2 Empty Re: Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

Post by Aaron Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Matthew 6
Giving to the Needy
1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Prayer

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.[b]’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Fasting

16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Treasures in Heaven

19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Aaron
Aaron

Number of posts : 9841
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Back to top Go down

Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - Page 2 Empty Re: Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony

Post by Aaron Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Regarding your rights Cato, I would suggest you read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. If you want to go in a private place and pray, that is your right. But if it is something that is funded by tax dollars, then your rights take a backseat to the rights of all.

It's really not a complicated concept so why about it do you not understand?

The bottom line, you are wrong whether it is in the eyes of the Constitution and Bill of Rights or in the eyes of Jesus.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Keli Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:45 pm

SamCogar wrote:I'se wunder what irreparable harmy thingy t'was being read out loud by someone dat Aaron was forced to listen too? affraid affraid affraid affraid

Rumor has it that this is what done Aaron in:
Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - Page 2 41%2B0vaXpTzL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_
Keli
Keli

Number of posts : 3608
Location : Zarr Chasm, WV--between Flotsam and Belch on the Cheat River

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:10 pm

I believe that Jesus Christ was conceived without sin, born as a human, raised to be a man who walked among along with fellow humans until the time came for him to go to the cross where HE suffered and died for our sins, was placed on the tomb and after 3 days ascended into Heaven so that you and I could have eternal life.

In what part of that am I "done in?"
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:54 pm

Aaron wrote:Regarding your rights Cato, I would suggest you read the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. If you want to go in a private place and pray, that is your right. But if it is something that is funded by tax dollars, then your rights take a backseat to the rights of all.

It's really not a complicated concept so why about it do you not understand?

The bottom line, you are wrong whether it is in the eyes of the Constitution and Bill of Rights or in the eyes of Jesus.

Nothing personal Aaron, but I think I'll adheare to the example John and Peter sat in Acts 4 and 5

19. But an angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doors, and brought them out, and said,
20. Go ye, and stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this Life.
21. And when they heard this, they entered into the temple about daybreak, and taught. But the high priest came, and they that were with him, and called the council together, and all the senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison-house to have them brought.
22. But the officers that came found them not in the prison; and they returned, and told,
23. saying, The prison-house we found shut in all safety, and the keepers standing at the doors: but when we had opened, we found no man within.
24. Now when the captain of the temple and the chief priests heard these words, they were much perplexed concerning them whereunto this would grow.
25. And there came one and told them, Behold, the men whom ye put in the prison are in the temple standing and teaching the people.
26. Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them, but without violence; for they feared the people, lest they should be stoned.
27. And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them,
28. saying, We strictly charged you not to teach in this name: and behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29. But Peter and the apostles answered and said, We must obey God rather than men.

I read your list a scriptures by the way and most weren't even on point.

I am courious of one thing however, are you saying your rights matter and mine don't?

Finally, I know we aren't going to settle this, but just to inform you and anyonelse interested, public or private, if I desire to envoke the name of Jesus or God or I choose to pray to God, I will and you nor anyone else is going to prevent me. Further and for the record, one point I judge politicians on is how they feel about this very point. I will vote for those that believe the Supreme Court has overstepped its bounds in the rulings it has made regarding the so called seperation of chruch and state and free speech.

Cato

Number of posts : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:21 pm

So an angel of the lord comes to every student and tells them to pray publically in school. Hey, if that's what it takes to make you think your right Cato, have at it.

I will say that I can't help but note that those who know more about the bible then either you or I do have come out and said I was wrong though.

Odd, huh.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Cato wrote:I am courious of one thing however, are you saying your rights matter and mine don't?

It's not my rights. The Constitution says the state, which the school is cannot establish a religion under any circumstances. The school does jus that sanctioned prayers. That is in direct conflict with the 1st Amendment and no ones right, even the almighty Cato, to free speech supercedes that.

Fact.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:54 am

Aaron wrote:I believe that Jesus Christ was conceived without sin, born as a human, raised to be a man who walked among along with fellow humans until the time came for him to go to the cross where HE suffered and died for our sins, was placed on the tomb and after 3 days ascended into Heaven so that you and I could have eternal life.

In what part of that am I "done in?"

Didn't you tell us in another thread that you have never claimed to be a believer in Christianity?

And just why would you believe that the same JC who was "conceived without sin, born as a human" ....... is or was the same JC who was "raised to be a man" .... when there is absolutely no Biblical or Historical records that even mentions JC's raising from adolescent to manhood.

Given the "silence" of the historical records, it appears JC was among the "missing" and/or incognito for nigh on to 20+ years before he appeared back on the Biblical Stage.

Makes me wunder what kind of a "trip" ole JC ws on. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

SamCogar

Number of posts : 6238

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:31 am

Here ya go Aaron, take a few minutes and read another "true and factual" account of JC's birth.

The Protoevangelium of James

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:01 am

I realize you're a pretty busy fellow Mike but I am interested in your response to this topic. I understand why others feel the way they do and I understand your beliefs and dedication to Christ but you're also a reasonable man with sound logic to most of your arguments so I'm a bit surprised that you've taken the stance here you have here.

Yes, I know that 1st Amendment has clearly been prostituted by the liberals of this world but in this case it's pretty clear. The school system as a representative of the state cannot promote one religion over another and that is exactly what is happening when a Christian prayer is allowed with no opportunity for others to speak as well.

And while some can argue that if they desire, a Muslim or Hindu can get up and say a prayer as well, we both know what the outrage from the right would be immense so we both know only one religion is afforded the opportunity to promote their religion in this manner.

We both also know that this in not about a student thanking God in his speech but is a Christian prayer that everyone is forced to listen to. Yes, people can get up and leave but we both know that is not reasonable to expect a student or parent to have to leave such a momentous occasion in ones life when the dollars funding this event come from all taxpayers.

Giver all that, the fact that Jesus actually chastises followers for such public displays of prayer and the fact that you are a reasonable, knowledgeable man and you know that this has nothing to do with denying God, I'm a bit surprised that you've taken the stance you have.

If nothing else, I am curious as to why you think a non-believer should have to leave such an event when it is funded by their tax dollars because of the notion that it infringes on another’s right to free speech.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:I am courious of one thing however, are you saying your rights matter and mine don't?

It's not my rights. The Constitution says the state, which the school is cannot establish a religion under any circumstances. The school does jus that sanctioned prayers. That is in direct conflict with the 1st Amendment and no ones right, even the almighty Cato, to free speech supercedes that.

Fact.

Then pray tell explain to me hows come the founders never spoke against things like a bible being in a classroom, or prayer be offered in class. It wasn't until the 1960s this became an issue. It seems to me that the founders didn't have problem with God in schoolroom or other places. It further seems to me that the real issue here is two fold. First, we have a group of supreme court judges that have used the bench to puch their humanist agenda and secondly, education should not be a government function.

As for the rest of your post, I'm going to take it outside and fertilize my tomatos with it, because fertilzer is all that your post is.

One last thought on this matter, you have convienced me that I have to push this matter more around the voters here at home to make certain that the candidate they vote for stands opposed to your view of the US Constitution.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:54 pm

If you actually understood the Constitution Cato, I might take offense. As you shown for years that you grasp very little of not only what the document means but the intent of our founding fathers, I don't.

Cheers
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by SamCogar Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 am

Then pray tell explain to me hows come the founders never spoke against things like a bible being in a classroom, or prayer be offered in class.

Because there were no Public Schools in the late 1700's, early 1800's.

Me thinks it wasn't until the late 1800's, early 1900's that the States started taking control of and funding public education.

Anyway, now days it seem like the voters are oxymoronic hypocrites.

They will badmouth, berate and won't vote for any Candidate that ascribes to permitting prayer, Bible or creationism in the schools.

And they will also badmouth, berate and won't vote for any Candidate that doesn't claim belief in a Religious doctrine, is a member of a Church and/or attends Church Services, etc.

They passed Laws prohibiting adolescents from engaging in physical sex, ..... but then they pass Laws to force the schools to teach adolescents how best to engage in physical sex.

geek lol! Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - Page 2 33948 Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - Page 2 33948 Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - Page 2 33948 Federal Judge Prohibits Prayer at Texas Graduation Ceremony - Page 2 33948

SamCogar

Back to top Go down

Post by SheikBen Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:32 am

Aaron wrote:I realize you're a pretty busy fellow Mike but I am interested in your response to this topic. I understand why others feel the way they do and I understand your beliefs and dedication to Christ but you're also a reasonable man with sound logic to most of your arguments so I'm a bit surprised that you've taken the stance here you have here.

Yes, I know that 1st Amendment has clearly been prostituted by the liberals of this world but in this case it's pretty clear. The school system as a representative of the state cannot promote one religion over another and that is exactly what is happening when a Christian prayer is allowed with no opportunity for others to speak as well.

And while some can argue that if they desire, a Muslim or Hindu can get up and say a prayer as well, we both know what the outrage from the right would be immense so we both know only one religion is afforded the opportunity to promote their religion in this manner.

We both also know that this in not about a student thanking God in his speech but is a Christian prayer that everyone is forced to listen to. Yes, people can get up and leave but we both know that is not reasonable to expect a student or parent to have to leave such a momentous occasion in ones life when the dollars funding this event come from all taxpayers.

Giver all that, the fact that Jesus actually chastises followers for such public displays of prayer and the fact that you are a reasonable, knowledgeable man and you know that this has nothing to do with denying God, I'm a bit surprised that you've taken the stance you have.

If nothing else, I am curious as to why you think a non-believer should have to leave such an event when it is funded by their tax dollars because of the notion that it infringes on another’s right to free speech.

Hi Aaron,

When Jesus instructs His followers to go to a closet, He is saying that Christians should not make a show of praying the way that the Pharisees did. This is similar to following good deeds with the "sounding of trumpets," good deeds should also be done in a manner that is not showy but genuine. As such, I am not altogether fond of meaningless incantations or showy prayers that are less genuine and intended for effect.

The issue here, however, is less a student prayer and more a gag order on matters of faith. If I am asked why I do the things that I do, I would simply be dishonest if I did not put God first, as my first priority is to glorify God and love Him with my heart, mind, and strength. I realize that I do not live this ethic consistently, but it is number one on my priority list. If I could do that, I would be a success.

Now I wasn't even the valedictorian of the floor of my frat house, let alone a Texas High School, but if as a Christian I had attained such a spot, and Jesus was a motivation and encouragement, how could I not mention Him?

My father died about 3 years ago. Truth be told, it can be a little disheartening when I hear people credit their fathers, whom they still have. Shall I be able to tell others not to mention their fathers because I no longer have a living one?

Believe it or not, I am with you on the marathon prayers, not only at public events but at family meals as well. Often such people seem to be talking to the crowd as opposed to God. However, the cure for this condition should be a social, as opposed to judicial, matter. And it's not easy to find my Irish, but someone telling me that my kids can't pray surely does the trick:)Smile

SheikBen

Number of posts : 3445
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:25 am

Aaron wrote:If you actually understood the Constitution Cato, I might take offense. As you shown for years that you grasp very little of not only what the document means but the intent of our founding fathers, I don't.

Cheers

I admit I'm not nearly as educated as many including you, but I know what freedom is. The United States we have today isn't free and we certainly don't rejoice in liberty.

I will say one thing, I have read it and I know what the words mean. I also know what they meant when it was retified. The United States we see today is not the United States that existed when the Constitution was ratified.

I also know that I dispise politicians and I hate the government influance in my life. In your eye and those of your like mind I don't understand the US Constitution, but I understand liberty and what we have today is anything but liberty. You so called educated folks have twisted and changed the meaning of freedom to the point it is hardly recognizable anymore.

What I want is the freedom to do as I determine best. If one doesn't like what I have to say, debate me, hit me in the mouth, or walk away. However, you so called "experts" of today can't do that, instead you run to the law and use it to silence me and others whom you disagree with. If that is what you and the so called experts call liberty, then I want nothing to do with or those of you that support it.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:55 am

SheikBen wrote:
Aaron wrote:I realize you're a pretty busy fellow Mike but I am interested in your response to this topic. I understand why others feel the way they do and I understand your beliefs and dedication to Christ but you're also a reasonable man with sound logic to most of your arguments so I'm a bit surprised that you've taken the stance here you have here.

Hi Aaron,

When Jesus instructs His followers to go to a closet, He is saying that Christians should not make a show of praying the way that the Pharisees did. This is similar to following good deeds with the "sounding of trumpets," good deeds should also be done in a manner that is not showy but genuine. As such, I am not altogether fond of meaningless incantations or showy prayers that are less genuine and intended for effect.

The issue here, however, is less a student prayer and more a gag order on matters of faith. If I am asked why I do the things that I do, I would simply be dishonest if I did not put God first, as my first priority is to glorify God and love Him with my heart, mind, and strength. I realize that I do not live this ethic consistently, but it is number one on my priority list. If I could do that, I would be a success.

Now I wasn't even the valedictorian of the floor of my frat house, let alone a Texas High School, but if as a Christian I had attained such a spot, and Jesus was a motivation and encouragement, how could I not mention Him?

My father died about 3 years ago. Truth be told, it can be a little disheartening when I hear people credit their fathers, whom they still have. Shall I be able to tell others not to mention their fathers because I no longer have a living one?

Believe it or not, I am with you on the marathon prayers, not only at public events but at family meals as well. Often such people seem to be talking to the crowd as opposed to God. However, the cure for this condition should be a social, as opposed to judicial, matter. And it's not easy to find my Irish, but someone telling me that my kids can't pray surely does the trick:)Smile

But that's not the issue Mike. Yesterday at Alex' graduation, my last by the way, the second speaker was a kid introduced by the principal to give the invocation. He stood and read from a pre-written sheet of paper a 4 minute "prayer" asking, among other things, for the Lord Jesus Christ to place he ever loving hand on the class of 2011 and guide them into the future and concluede in the name of Jesus Christ. That is a prayer and as I'm about 98% sure it was pre-approved by the Principal, is clearly a violation of the 1st Amendment.

The 2nd speaker, a wonderful young woman destined for Wake Forest in September stated verbatim, "First and foremost, I must thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for without him I would not be the person I am." I was one of about a third of the crowd of 1,500 who applauded this young womans statement.

One is in violation of the Constitution of the United States of America, one is not. You're a smart man Mike. Surely you can see the difference.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:01 am

Cato wrote:What I want is the freedom to do as I determine best. If one doesn't like what I have to say, debate me, hit me in the mouth, or walk away. However, you so called "experts" of today can't do that, instead you run to the law and use it to silence me and others whom you disagree with. If that is what you and the so called experts call liberty, then I want nothing to do with or those of you that support it.

We are a nation of Laws with the Constitution being the Supreme Document that sets those laws. It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with you. On this issue, your point of view is in direct contradiction with the Constitution and as such must be silenced. I'm sorry you don't get that but no one is taking away your rights, they are simply enforcing the rights of many over the rights of a few regardless of the popularity of the issue.

Here's the difference between us on this issue. Were the religion anything but Christian, you would be on the opposite side you now are.

I would not.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Aaron wrote:
We are a nation of Laws with the Constitution being the Supreme Document that sets those laws. It's not about agreeing or disagreeing with you. On this issue, your point of view is in direct contradiction with the Constitution and as such must be silenced. I'm sorry you don't get that but no one is taking away your rights, they are simply enforcing the rights of many over the rights of a few regardless of the popularity of the issue.

As far as "getting it or not" I guess I'm just to stupid to understand. We WERE a Nation of Law. That began to be eroded in 1860 at the onset of the Civil War. We are today a nation of spin and twist not a nation of law. Supreme Justices are selected today not on their respect for law, but on their agenda. Politicians are elected based on what they will get for certain factions, not on their respect for the rule fo law.

Your post more than illustrates the point. You say that the courts are enforcing the rights of the many over the rights of the few. Now I know, in your opinion, I'm just a dumb hick, but I thought rights applied to individuals equally. All people had the same rights. I guess I was wrong, at least according to your post, anyways.

Aaron wrote:

Here's the difference between us on this issue. Were the religion anything but Christian, you would be on the opposite side you now are.

I would not.

First of all you neither know me nor where I would stand. You are much like a former poster here who could never grasp the fact I held the republicans in the same contempt as I held democrats.

I have said more times than I can to mention, I don't care what gods a man prays to, publicly or privately. If that person does so publicly in a public forum, fine. I have the ability to walk away or I can just shut it out and not pay any attention to it. Said person has every right to speak as they please, in my opinion. The last thing I'm going to do is go crying to the politicans and courts to silence them. If I think their are wrong I have the ability to debate, if I choose to use it.

The real difference between you and I is, I want liberty above all else, you don't. You have alot in common with many young folks I know. You have a pile of book learning and think you have the answers. The fact is there is a world beyond those books and the opinion of the writers.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 pm

I have a desire to drive a 12 foot wide vehicle on the road at 90 miles an hour. According to you, I can do just that because if someone doesn't like what I do, they can stay home, off the road I pay for with my taxes.

And I will use this vehicle to drive to the public schools and teach the Koran becasue after all, if one doesn't want to be exposed to that action, they can simply leave. Isn't that how it is in Cato's world!!!

I amost agreed with one of your comments, had you just not included one word.

Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:37 pm

Aaron wrote:I have a desire to drive a 12 foot wide vehicle on the road at 90 miles an hour. According to you, I can do just that because if someone doesn't like what I do, they can stay home, off the road I pay for with my taxes.

And I will use this vehicle to drive to the public schools and teach the Koran becasue after all, if one doesn't want to be exposed to that action, they can simply leave. Isn't that how it is in Cato's world!!!

I amost agreed with one of your comments, had you just not included one word.

Tell me, is Congress out of line since they open with prayer? What about "In God We Trust" on our money, seems to me that is unconstitutional also. In West Virginia the 10 Commandments are posted in every classroom, what about that? What about the "pledge" stating "one nation under God". If you are so concerned, maybe you ought to sue to have these items correct to meet with your approval.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:36 pm

I can't help but note that you ducked my question but then I'm not suprised. You do have a MO.

Cato wrote:Tell me, is Congress out of line since they open with prayer?

Yes

Cato wrote:What about "In God We Trust" on our money, seems to me that is unconstitutional also.

The supreme court said no because it wasn't specific as "In Jesus name we pray" is. I'm not suprised you don't see the difference.

Cato wrote:In West Virginia the 10 Commandments are posted in every classroom, what about that?

4 kids, countless countrooms and I've never seen them. I call a big bullshit on that one.

Cato wrote:What about the "pledge" stating "one nation under God".

It wasn't in the original version and every time it's been brought to trail, the court has found a technical reason not to hear the case. They actually use the same argument as with money.

Cato wrote:If you are so concerned, maybe you ought to sue to have these items correct to meet with your approval.

You sitll don't get it. It's not my approval that needs met, it's the Constitution. Once again, I'm not suprised. And you have no idea what all I'm involved in.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:23 am

Aaron wrote:I can't help but note that you ducked my question but then I'm not suprised. You do have a MO.

Cato wrote:Tell me, is Congress out of line since they open with prayer?

Yes

Be certain to contact the ACLU and let them know. Please save us from that dreadful christainity.

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:What about "In God We Trust" on our money, seems to me that is unconstitutional also.

The supreme court said no because it wasn't specific as "In Jesus name we pray" is. I'm not suprised you don't see the difference.

You have to remember, I'm just an uneducated, knuckle dragging, slob, according to you. I will tell you this, people have biases, just because they set on the Supreme Court, doesn't mean they are either correct or put their biases aside.

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:In West Virginia the 10 Commandments are posted in every classroom, what about that?

4 kids, countless countrooms and I've never seen them. I call a big bullshit on that one.

You calling me a liar? So typical of you. I suggest you travel to the eastern panhandle and visit the schools in Grant, Hardy, and Hampshire Counties. They are there.

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:What about the "pledge" stating "one nation under God".

It wasn't in the original version and every time it's been brought to trail, the court has found a technical reason not to hear the case. They actually use the same argument as with money.

It is very interesting how the court avoids somes issues, Especally ones that could cause major public backlash.

Aaron wrote:
Cato wrote:If you are so concerned, maybe you ought to sue to have these items correct to meet with your approval.

You sitll don't get it. It's not my approval that needs met, it's the Constitution. Once again, I'm not suprised. And you have no idea what all I'm involved in.

Yea, I get it. You stated one time that you used the board to practice pushing buttons. I guess when your beloved Supreme Court, academics, and politicians finally erase all your liberties and protections you can pat yourself on the back and congradulate yourself that you knew how to push buttons. You ought to be quite proud!!!

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:22 am

The ACLU has addressed it, it’s not according to me, I’ve got a friend in Hardy County and when I ask here about it she said they’re not there, yes the court avoids some issues and the biggest attacks on liberties originates from the right.

Anything else?
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Cato Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 am

Aaron wrote:The ACLU has addressed it, it’s not according to me, I’ve got a friend in Hardy County and when I ask here about it she said they’re not there, yes the court avoids some issues and the biggest attacks on liberties originates from the right.

Anything else?

Unless they have been removed in the pass couple of weeks, your friend is mistaken.

I will agree with you on one thing, sort of anyways, the right is just as guilty as the left in eroding our liberties and protections.

Cato

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:15 pm

I doubt she is. She's been a homeroom mom for 5 years now, one of those overly involved parents and she said she's never seen the 10 Commandents in school.
Aaron
Aaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next